Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wallet Stolen in S.E. Asia - ATM and Credit Card Gone

• 24-10-2007 4:20am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a disaster but my wallet was pick pocketed last night and my ATM and Credit Card was in it, also my bank account number, stupidity I know. I cant get at my money without them.

I dont know if I need to close my account because of the AC number but if I do I really have no way of getting my money.

Question is what is the quickest way I could get a replacement ATM card to Vietnam safely?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

US Marines....Sign up your ATM card for national service and it should be there in a few hours....

Dam wrong country.....it's Iraq now
    (They Stopped the express Vietnamise Service years ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Call your Credit Card Provider (Master or Visa directly). They will be able to Issue a replacement card within 48 hours.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. They tied me over by sending me 500 USD via Western Union within 3 hours and then sent me a replacement card within 48 hours.

AFAIK it didn't cost me a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

First, I assume you've contacted your bank to stop the ATM and credit card?

The ATM card will take a while to replace, but as DubDani said contact Visa/Mastercard asap and they can arrange an emergency card to be issued to you (24/48 hours timeframe) and possibly emergency cash.

You shouldn't need to close your account.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah I cancelled both the cards straight away and I checked to make sure there was no extra money taken off both of them.

I didnt realise about that Emergency Cash option, I will definitely look into that right away. Cheers for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Gaz

My card got cloned in South America and the back cancelled it, was my only way of getting money. I had to wait a week for it to be sent by DHL.

There was an emergency cash option but i was with some mates to i just borrowed a few quid off them.

And with regards to your bank a/c number, im pretty sure people can only make deposits into your account if they only have the number, for withdrawls they would need you online login details.

Chin up ! Just one of those things ... goto a ping pong show and cheer yourself up

• Advertisement
Advertisement