Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Buncrana

Options
  • 23-10-2007 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi everyone,
    This is myfirst post on Boards.ie..... Have just recently moved from Dublin to Buncrana (not part of de-centralisation) and have the important things organised i.e house, job, creche etc. Now I am looking for some information on the social scene e.g pubs, clubs, things to do etc.
    Any information (both good and not so good) would be really appreciated.

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

O C welcome on boards.

Maybe if you trawl though a couple of the old post you will see some answers but to help us with your query, perhaps you could give us some interests, hobbies/activities you are currently interested in. Also age bracket might help when someone is offering social scene

• Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

Hi, Age is 31, I have a 4 year old son.
    We are interested in horse riding, cinema, walking and checking out local tourist attractions. Have been to Glenveagh and Dunlewey and really enjoyed them.
    Regards going out at night, I like live music but also like a bit of dancing in clubs too! Have plenty of offers from family and friends to visit so need to have a bit of an idea when bringing them out and about!

Any info appreciated but will also go back through some of the older posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I hear there is a new 'properly sized 'big screen' cinema in Buncrana, should be worth a look, apparently it is better than these small screen multiplex set ups ?..

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Paddy20 wrote: »
    I hear there is a new 'properly sized 'big screen' cinema in Buncrana, should be worth a look, apparently it is better than these small screen multiplex set ups ?..

P.

i live out side buncrana and thats just not true, there is a cinema and its terrible.

there isnt really much entertainment facillities for children but one i would recommend for your child is a place called wains world, its just newly opened and it is basically and indoor adventure castle kinda thing.

there is plenty of great schools in and around buncrana so that shouldnt be a problem.

in relation to night time entertaiment ( live music ) their isnt really that many, but their is a new place up and coming holding the occasional live music event, its called the plaza.

there is always live music in the pubs most weekends.

their is to main clubs in buncrana, they are zone and libertys.

if you want a more relaxed time so you can talk to your friends etc go to zone.

if you want to basically go mental in a club thats always rammed go to libertys.

there is also plenty of restaurants and hotels to go out to eat in.

if you have any other question post them here our pm me.

regob read the charter about personal attacks

• Advertisement

meant to add this, regob on a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

O C 2007 wrote: »
    We are interested in horse riding, cinema, walking and checking out local tourist attractions. Have been to Glenveagh and Dunlewey and really enjoyed them.

Walking - Swan Park and Fr Hegarty's Rock arent bad places to go.
    Horse Riding - i think there is a horse riding club in inch island and there is also one near lenamore in derry (at the border)

there is lots of things to do in Derry just 20 mins away - a cinema, bowling centre etc

Advertisement