Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country & Folk Music

Options
  • 23-10-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hey,

Just a thought,

Wanted to get a country/folk forum going on here and wondered does anybody know how to go about requesting one? -OR- even more importantly i suppose, does anybody else also think there is a need for one?

Let me know your thoughts on this, as i have been posting in the traditional music forum and probobly beginning to annoy a few people!

Regards

Ruairi :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

There is a specific forum for requesting forums. Its under system in the categories. This forum itself isn't too busy, so it'd be hard to gauge interest I think. If there was a keen interest I'd recommend changing the the name of this forum to include those kinds of music.

Though, there might already be a forum of that sort. I can't check on my iPod, I'll check asap tho. Edit: there isn't...!

I'd recommend starting a thread on forum requests. I'll leave this thread open for now to link ppl to it. And to guage interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JBuffet

I for one would fully support a forum to discuss country/folk/bluegrass music.

I find it difficult to get info about gigs in Ireland and would love to discuss country music with people who appreciate the musicianship and songwritting which is integral to this type of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Request forums here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461 Although I guess this here forum can handle any type of traditional/folk music and not just Irish diddle-ei as Jesjes said.

Advertisement