Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, Cheeky_gal has had it!

Options
  • 23-10-2007 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

Aaaaargh! Cheeky_gal is officially fed up, I need to let out some stress so bare with me...

Avoca Suffolk st....we all know the place, amaazing food, great salads, best mars bar choc krispies around, yea u know the one! Anyways, was there earlier for lunch, absolutely jammers, couldn't get a seat which is fair enough..first come first serve. Anyways, I stood waiting for one to become available and luckily enough one did, except with no chair, but that was grand, nothing worth fussing over. So I was happily enjoying my salad while 2 women (snotty as hell, yip'yappin away) decide to allow a line of people stand while they took up two seats, they had weeeel finished their food and coffee! But no no, what do they do, they sit there for about 20 mins without moving gossiping about their fellow co-workers while theres elderly people waiting to get a seat. Aaargh stresses me out that women can be so unbleievably rude at times and so bloody self-obsessed! :D

This brings me to my second stress today. Listen, I'm all about the elderly, don't get me wrong, they've been around for quite some time and deserve a lot of respect but I've noticed today they can be a bit "too expectant of people"...your sitting on a packed bus, looong day, and then one little granny hobbles up to u and gives you that "innocent" look and with that you give in and say "would you like to sit down?" and they look "soooo shocked" when they were clearly hinting for the offer! Ugh!

But then I was on the bus there this afternoon, and this elderly man with parkinsons in a wheelchair gets on and the driver lowers the ramp to allow him on and he appeared so full of life and grateful to the driver and to people around him and it immediately brought a smile to my face. aaaaw I would love to have given him one big hug! :p

Anyways back to my stresses today...it's been said a lot but jesus will people actually listen! Walking along the street and someone in front just stops! Aaaaaah! Must have happened me about 5 times this afternoon! Good god people! Some warning would be nice...

Dont worry i'm on my last now...;)...but your on the dart and your sitting facing two people as ya know the layout urself, and here tell us, why is it that you choose to stare at the person opposite you (in this case it would be me), argh! Look out the window you freaks!!!!

End of rant. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

You know this is a message board, not a journal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

ok, leninbenjamin has had it!

cheeky_gal get a diary. no one gives a shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

You know there's already a thread on the go for "those little things that annoy you"?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    it's been said a lot but jesus will people actually listen! Walking along the street and someone in front just stops! Aaaaaah! Must have happened me about 5 times this afternoon! Good god people!
    Hate that. There's only one thing to do and that's keep walking and knock the fupper over. Being that your from Dublin you might want to step on his face a few times. I hear it's the done thing over there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

dame wrote: »
    You know there's already a thread on the go for "those little things that annoy you"?

Or the Get it off your chest thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Wow, what a tough life you live :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dont worry i'm on my last now...;)...but your on the dart and your sitting facing two people as ya know the layout urself, and here tell us, why is it that you choose to stare at the person opposite you (in this case it would be me), argh! Look out the window you freaks!!!!

Yep... if there is a cute girl sitting opposite you then you should check her out by looking at her reflection in the window... that's how the pros oogle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Yep... if there is a cute girl sitting opposite you then you should check her out by looking at her reflection in the window... that's how the pros oogle.

Most akward situation is when you both cacth each other looking at each others reflection through the window....now thats akward! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

wow, just wow. you are so deep and interesting please tell me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

If people don't care for the post so much then don't reply ffs:rolleyes:

Yeah I know that awkward situation of catching people staring through reflections well. I always find it amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's romantic... like the two dogs eating the same string of spagetti in The Lady and the Tramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Chill out.

I need help deciding how many rolleyes this thread gets. Can a mod set up a poll. I think 5 but I dont know if that has ever been done before (could be a bit smug). I could maybe do 4 and a big grin or maybe 3 and 2 eeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

..... Walking along the street and someone in front just stops! Aaaaaah! Must have happened me about 5 times this afternoon! Good god people! Some warning would be nice.../QUOTE]

I think the stopping on the street without warning is actually part of the driver education in this country - absolutely no regard for others around!!

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Nothing sexier than eye contact .... now go get a blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Wow...just...just wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

dame wrote: »

Add this thread to that list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

OMG, have you a blog I can read?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,225 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This brings me to my second stress today. Listen, I'm all about the elderly, don't get me wrong, they've been around for quite some time and deserve a lot of respect but I've noticed today they can be a bit "too expectant of people"...your sitting on a packed bus, looong day, and then one little granny hobbles up to u and gives you that "innocent" look and with that you give in and say "would you like to sit down?" and they look "soooo shocked" when they were clearly hinting for the offer! Ugh!

I know someoen who used to get the same dart every morning and sit in the same place.

One morning, say Monday, a pregnant woman gets on at a later stop. No seats left. She goes up to the person i know and asks would he mind giving up his seat; which he doesn't, so he gets up and she sits down.

Tuesday morning. Same time, same stop, same woman. Again, she asks the person i know for the seat. Again he says ok.

Wednesday morning. Same again. seat lost to the pregnant woman.

Thursday morning. Same again. This time he is a little fed up and annoyed and says "No, ask someone else". Just as he says this the entire Dart goes utterly quiet so EVERYONE hears him refuse. Lots of filthy looks and tut tuts, he got off at the next station and hoped ont he following dart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tauren wrote: »
    Thursday morning. Same again. This time he is a little fed up and annoyed and says "No, ask someone else". Just as he says this the entire Dart goes utterly quiet so EVERYONE hears him refuse. Lots of filthy looks and tut tuts, he got off at the next station and hoped ont he following dart.

At least he kept his seat and the pregnant woman will pester someone else in future. Who really cares what a train full of strangers think anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

So I was happily enjoying my salad while 2 women (snotty as hell, yip'yappin away) decide to allow a line of people stand while they took up two seats, they had weeeel finished their food and coffee! But no no, what do they do, they sit there for about 20 mins without moving gossiping about their fellow co-workers while theres elderly people waiting to get a seat.

Were you REALLY "happily" enjoying your salad in the first place?! If so, why on earth were you watching what other people were up to when it didn't even effect you?! You dont know those ladies or what's gone on in their lives. The people queueing could have went somewhere else when they saw how busy the place was.....those ladies had every right to sit and chat over a coffee for as long as they wanted!!!

Oh wow! Why do you care so so much for the ederly left standing in the cafe today and think this poor little old lady was a cheeky cow on the bus for wanting to sit down, she could be in agony costantly with a knawing bad hip/artheritis/stiffness every single minute of every single day - you don't have the slightest clue about how tired or sore this lady could have been - you haven't an ounce of manners or respect!!!

But then I was on the bus there this afternoon, and this elderly man with parkinsons in a wheelchair gets on and the driver lowers the ramp to allow him on and he appeared so full of life and grateful to the driver and to people around him and it immediately brought a smile to my face. aaaaw I would love to have given him one big hug! :p

He was obviously so jolly because he spotted you and thought *thank **** I dont have to ask that bitch for a seat.* Thank God for Wheelchairs eh?
    Anyways back to my stresses today...it's been said a lot but jesus will people actually listen! Walking along the street and someone in front just stops! Aaaaaah! Must have happened me about 5 times this afternoon! Good god people! Some warning would be nice...

What do you suggest? Break lights on their arses?!?!

Don't distress - there's creams you can get for unwanted facial hair!!

:p

Happier now?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

As above: use the get it off your chest thread or blog it (You have a blog.)

So many whining/ranting threads of late...pfft.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement