Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

check out dell outlet on ebay...AMAZING

Options
  • 23-10-2007 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey guys, fyi..dell outlet on ebay has been offering some UNBELIEVABLE deals for a while. :D..new desktops and laptops are added everyday... if you want a decent laptop, it's definately a good place to go.

keep an eye on http://stores.ebay.ie/id=225006387 ,it's offcially from dell outlet... the only difference is it's EVEN MUCH CHEAPER than the outlet site..

i just bought a inspiron 1720 with the following spec:
    Base: Inspiron 1720 CORE 2 DUO T7300 2.00GHz,800,4M
    DVD Drive: Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
    Hard Disk Drive: 160GB (5,400 rpm) Sata Hard Drive
    MISC: Jet Black Colour with Matte Finish & 2.0mp camera
    MISC: 90W AC Adapter
    MISC: Primary 9-cell 85WHr Li-Ion Battery
    MISC: English McAfee Security Centre 8.0 - 30 Day Trial
    Memory: 2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
    Modem: Internal V.92 Modem Adapter IRL,SPN
    NoteBook Screen: 17.0 UltraShar Widescreen WUXGA (1920x1200) TFT :D
    Software: English - Microsoft Works 8
    Video: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
    Operating System: English - Vista Home Premium

at a price of 850 Euro incl VAT and delivery... :eek:

it will simply cost you over 1500 euro if you buy straight off dell site, and even from dell outlet site... it won't be anywhere close to 850 euro anyway..

It's offering XPS M1710 as well...i saw one sold at 930 euro last week... I'm soooo sad that I missed that one...omg..it's got a 512M 7950 GTX card...:mad:

I bet many of you don't even know dell outlet on ebay..:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭partypiper

yeah good deals!!! and with every post the chance of good deal disappears of into to the sunset of over-zealous newbie bidders

So i think anyone that knows the value of computers should probably forget about picking up anything sensibly priced for a couple of weeks while the outlet converts pay over the odds, at the end of the day people should remember that the systems they are getting could very well be 2-3 months old and previously presented serious manufactoring faults and bid accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

partypiper wrote: »
    and with every post the chance of good deal disappears of into to the sunset of over-zealous newbie bidders

Agreed, it's no longer the secret Dell-Outlet store only a few people knew about, any joe with a credit card is throwing wild bids in there now, needs time to simmer down a wee bit but with Christmas and the present madness it brings comming soon I fear Dell are only loving it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Is the vostro1700 not the same for the same price roughly?

Vista Business is the only difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i bought an m1710 and now im pissed off because i found the laptop with similiar specs for 1400 off the ebay outlet.

i paid 2100 from dell direct.

/me kicks my own head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Out of curiosity how did you overclock your laptop, any chance of some links ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

i bought an m1710 and now im pissed off because i found the laptop with similiar specs for 1400 off the ebay outlet.

i paid 2100 from dell direct.

/me kicks my own head in.

I bought an XPS M170 back in Nov. '05 for €2800, I feel your pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 godsent

partypiper wrote: »
    yeah good deals!!! and with every post the chance of good deal disappears of into to the sunset of over-zealous newbie bidders

So i think anyone that knows the value of computers should probably forget about picking up anything sensibly priced for a couple of weeks while the outlet converts pay over the odds, at the end of the day people should remember that the systems they are getting could very well be 2-3 months old and previously presented serious manufactoring faults and bid accordingly

ye.. I actually checked that service tag from dell site before I bid on outlet.. that 1710 turns out to be shipped out in early september and qty is 50 :confused:... still don't know the reason why it got returned...

I will post how it's like when I receive it.. we've choice to return it within 7 days anyway..
    kaimera wrote: »
    Is the vostro1700 not the same for the same price roughly?

Vista Business is the only difference.

No.. for a similar spec.. Vostro1700 costs 849 Euro without VAT and delivery..and the processor is T7250 instead of T7300, and correct me if i'm wrong that i believe inspiron 1720 has a better design for entertainment

and for vista... we all know we can use dell oem ultimate version anyway.
    Out of curiosity how did you overclock your laptop, any chance of some links ?

you mean to OC the processor or graphic card?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

Hey Godsent. I won an auction for an inspiron 1520, same spec as yours, just smaller screen. Eagerly waiting for it to arrive. Are you saying that you've already decided to send yours back? Whats the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Godsent I was reffering to RoyalMarineComm's sig, and the CPU not the GPU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i will answer it for you

the T7600G is the only cpu in the M1710 Line up which can be over clocked. you just go into the bios and tweak away until you bleed.

its rather expensive tho, the T7400's et al cannot be over clocked.

but you can over clock the gpu in the machines alright, if you know what you are up to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

legs11 wrote: »
    i will answer it for you

the T7600G is the only cpu in the M1710 Line up which can be over clocked. you just go into the bios and tweak away until you bleed.

its rather expensive tho, the T7400's et al cannot be over clocked.

but you can over clock the gpu in the machines alright, if you know what you are up to.

Then only thing that differs the T7600 from the T7600G is that the T7600G has an unlocked multiplier. Because dell lock the bios this is the only part of the cpu that can be overclocked. This is not ideal as the best way to overclock is to go in small increments. Also note that overclocking will affect battery life and could cause the laptop to overheat. Overclocking will void your warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i concur!

it wont void your warranty, the machine is sold to be over clocked. check out the dell site...;)

i presume they will stand by the warranty judging by what they say about overclocking it on the site

thats for the cpu of course, the gpu is different entirely

anyways, the xps has fantastic cooling abilities, so if you are careful you can easily have a machine that will not spontaneously blow up.

;)

ps, cushion, what rig you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭lovetwix

I somehow lost my password to that Godsent account... :( ... have to get a new one >.<
    bat boy wrote: »
    Hey Godsent. I won an auction for an inspiron 1520, same spec as yours, just smaller screen. Eagerly waiting for it to arrive. Are you saying that you've already decided to send yours back? Whats the problem?

no..no... I haven't got it yet... on dell site, it says 'dispatched' ..it will probably arrive tomorrow.

I won the auction on Monday....very speedy delivery indeed.

I was referring partypiper's post, he said the machine could be "2-3 months old and previously presented serious manufacturing faults", then I said we have one week to return it anyway...

and christophicus, I agree with legs11 and AlmightyCushion, XPS with T7600G might be the only option to oc a cpu... however...try to oc the graphic card instead..it's much safer and way more efficient..

I'm not sure about warranty stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

lovetwix wrote: »
    I somehow lost my password to that Godsent account... :( ... have to get a new one >.<

no..no... I haven't got it yet... on dell site, it says 'dispatched' ..it will probably arrive tomorrow.

I won the auction on Monday....very speedy delivery indeed.

Ah, cheers. Hope the laptop works out for ya.

Advertisement