Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black screen

Options
  • 23-10-2007 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is wrong place to post but don't know where else to put it:confused:
    I have a hp notebook G5000 that was purchased new 2 months ago,the screen is black the icons are there on the desktop but barely visible.I rang hp customer care but he was foreign and I couldn't make out much of what he was trying to explain,I got the bit of taking out the battery and power cable and holding my finger on start button for a minute,but to no avail.He also told me to put it up to the sun:confused:again no joy.He said I would have to return it and gave me an address using alpha bravo charlie delta etc. talk, but I got totally confused and asked him to spell the letters out but he spoke too fast.So I gave up. Can anyone help me out??
    Thanks
    Appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Sounds like it's a dodgy screen connection is all.

Should be under warrenty, just return it.

My 4 yo lappy is the same but moving the screen around or else a firm fist to the top of the cover tends to fix it.
    Needless to say I'm in the market for a new laptop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Sounds very much like a dead backlight in the screen,should most definately be covered under warranty.
    Where did you purchase it?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

majiktripp wrote: »
    Sounds very much like a dead backlight in the screen,should most definately be covered under warranty.
    Where did you purchase it?

Hi thanks.Purchased in power city but went there this morning and they said I have to return it to hp myself.I tried using a different power cable but no joy.
    Thanks again

Advertisement