Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable radio

Options
  • 23-10-2007 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am heading to New York next week and was thinking of buying a handy portable radio (not mp3 player) that I could use in the Gym i.e something like an ipod interms of being small, lightweight and compact. except its a radio only. I was wondering would anyone have any recommendations for one and also if I buy it in the states will it work back here?

Tanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I know you said you didn't want an MP3 player, but the Creative Zen
    Stone Plus
    is a small (matchbox size) 2 gig player with a radio.

And at 65 dollars it's a bargain. You'll find it hard to get a decent
    radio only device that is as small, reliable and cheaper.
    It charges off USB so no problem buying in US and charging here.

For the gym, check the Creative armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Creative Zen
    Stone Plus [/URL]is a small (matchbox size) 2 gig player with a radio.

And at 65 dollars it's a bargain. You'll find it hard to get a decent
    radio only device that is as small, reliable and cheaper.For the gym, check the Creative armband.

It's gotten so-so reviews (apparently quite hard to navigate for an MP3 player) but the radio part seems fine. If you were to buy it, make sure that it supports the EU FM steps - ie. that it can go up in 0.1MHz/0.05MHz increments and not just the USA's 0.2MHz, or else it won't work as well over here.

Advertisement