Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woodturning suppliers

Options
  • 22-10-2007 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello all, I'm looking for a chuck for a lathe 3/4x16 TPI, If anyone has one for sale or know where I can buy one would be obliged. There are Turning shops and tool suppliers in Ireland but I dont have any contact numbers. Regds. Boysie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

boysie39 wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm looking for a chuck for a lathe 3/4x16 TPI, If anyone has one for sale or know where I can buy one would be obliged. There are Turning shops and tool suppliers in Ireland but I dont have any contact numbers. Regds. Boysie
    You probably know about them already Boysie, but there's a tool shop off Capel Street (up the side street beside AIB) called Richard Gough's; they do a fair bit of turning tools if memory serves me. They used to have some info about courses and related stuff in their window too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

carpainter wrote: »
    You probably know about them already Boysie, but there's a tool shop off Capel Street (up the side street beside AIB) called Richard Gough's; they do a fair bit of turning tools if memory serves me. They used to have some info about courses and related stuff in their window too.
    They're in Little Mary Street, just keep on walking up Mary St. until it narrows when it gets close to the fruit and veg market, and it's on the left hand side.

You'll certainly get a chuck in there. In the past it would probably have been a Teknatool SuperNova2 which I have and can heartily recommend ... think they're around €200+ at the moment. However, Robert Sorby, who Richard Gough deals with through their distributor Turners Retreat in the UK, have just brought out their own design of chuck which looks rather nice, and I see from their website that they have dropped the Teknatool chucks from their range, which is a pity. Cost on their website is ₤140 including a 2"/50mm jaw set, which isn't bad.

Alternatively Axminster do a pretty good range of chucks if you're not averse to mail order, although you might get screwed on p&p depending on how that works out (chucks are small, but very heavy!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭boysie39

Hello Alun, Carpainter, Thanks for replys, have just made contact with Martin Gleeson, so will see how that go's Regds, Boysie

Advertisement