Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would I get for my laptop?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

I have a Dell laptop but I am looking to buy a HP laptop, can anyone give me an idea of how much I would get for my laptop if i sold it, its only a year old and it cost €750. Does anywhere do trade ins where i could trade in my laptop where buying the new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Some specs might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Dell laptop ...a year old and it cost €750
    You would be doing well to get €350 for it.
    Of course, some specs might help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I would hazard a guess at around 1/2 the original price more a less, given the year old age its probably an Inspiron 6400/6000 and since its a year old its probably lacking in warranty too. If you could post a more detailed specification (ie.Ram,Hard drive size,processor speed etc) we could give a better estimate on the likey price it would get.
    On the other points raised, very few (if any) places do trade in's for old laptops and I'd say your best bet is to either sell on Adverts.ie/Buy&Sell or Ebay.
    Out of interest why do you want to sell a year old laptop? (Especially to buy a bloody HP!)

Advertisement