Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALCS Game 7: Strategy question: Why walk Elsbury....?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

With 2 on and 1 out with Youk on deck after Coco Crisp? I get it as a tactic but surely it was misplace there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

How do you mean? Even though a rookie Elsbury is way better than Crisp, I think they were hoping for a double play or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

shapez wrote: »
    How do you mean? Even though a rookie Elsbury is way better than Crisp, I think they were hoping for a double play or something.

Yeah but now you have bases loaded with Youk at bat and Big Papi on deck. Surely out of all the players you dont want to be firing against with the bases loaded are Youk (on form) and Ortiz (....eh he's Big Papi !!!)

Out of 6 pitches these two have a larger chance of hitting a grand slam than any 2 players on the field and your pitcher isn't exactly having a good day.

Just seemed the wrong play at the wrong time. In the early innings maybe but not in the late innings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Was 1B open? If so, I think its not a bad gamble. Crisp hits a lot of ground balls, and a base hit is gonna break it open whether there's a man on first or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

It was Lugo not Crisp . Lugo was hitting .200 for the post season and has a habbit of grounding out, chances are into a double play, which he had aready done that night, the third double play for the Indians in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

It was Lugo not Crisp . Lugo was hitting .200 for the post season and has a habbit of grounding out, chances are into a double play, which he had aready done that night, the third double play for the Indians in the game

Thanks Rory....was a bit sleepy watching it live so got my details off the next morning when thinking back on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement