Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumbledore is gay!!!

Options
  • 22-10-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I just read this a few minutes ago. Apparently there is a whole gay fantasy thing gooing on between Dumbledore and Grizenwald.

What do you think?

Is this her looking for headlines? Is she trying to open a way for a prequel?(or a series of sex stories?). Can she really expand a character like this once she has lain down her pen?

Your thoughts, please.

EDIT: For those of you with a nasty sense of humour NSFW http://www.theonion.com/content/video/j_k_rowling_hints_at_harry_potter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Lunula

I heard about this yesterday and was surprised :o
    Read here if you don't know yet: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/20/npotter120.xml

I don't know if it's her looking for headlines or what, I wondered why she didn't mention anything in the books. I suppose the publishers deemed it "inappropriate" and then the book wouldn't really sell.

Who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

welcome to two days ago. There is a thread in the Harry Potter forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I just read this a few minutes ago. Apparently there is a whole gay fantasy thing gooing on between Dumbledore and Grizenwald.

What do you think?

Is this her looking for headlines? Is she trying to open a way for a prequel?(or a series of sex stories?). Can she really expand a character like this once she has lain down her pen?

Your thoughts, please.

its no big deal and i don't think she needs sensationalisim to go with a prequel/sex stories

people would read her shopping list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

As far as I'm concerned there has never been a hetrosexual male in any of her books.

• Advertisement

Hellm0 wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned there has never been a hetrosexual male in any of her books.

See http://youtube.com/watch?v=WYjUWSfj7fE

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hmm, let's see dumbledore never married or had any relationships. he spent all his time grizzy, they were inseperatable, they were going to set of and discover the world together, they were going to rule the muggles.

it kinda goes without saying that of cos he was gay and let's face it, his relationship with Harry was a bit disturbing to say the least, even rita skeeter mentioned that in her book :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The American right wind will have a field day with this.

irishbird wrote: »
    hmm, let's see dumbledore never married or had any relationships.

you mean any straigh realationships i assume as you seem to infer other realationships
    he spent all his time grizzy, they were inseperatable, they were going to set of and discover the world together, they were going to rule the muggles.
    see? sounds like a realationship

it kinda goes without saying that of cos he was gay and let's face it, his relationship with Harry was a bit disturbing to say the least,

was it innapropriate

even rita skeeter mentioned that in her book :rolleyes:

i have no idea what i'm talking about i hope you realise
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'd say it's just JK using something completely unverifiable/undeniable to try add another marketing point to the book; "Look gay people I included a gay character, buy my books!".

• Advertisement

farohar wrote: »
    I'd say it's just JK using something completely unverifiable/undeniable to try add another marketing point to the book; "Look gay people I included a gay character, buy my books!".

as i already posted i realy don't think she needs to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

JK's nip slip

Last article I read about her was about she looking for attention :D

Explained here (Mildly NSFW)
    here

JK's nip slip

Last article I read about her was about she looking for attention :D

Explained here (Mildly NSFW)
    here

she's very rich i wonder if she needs a gigallo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It all comes out in her next book

"Harry Potter and the Repressed Memories"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Hardly Pottered

Or book one of seven of a new set; Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

this is a big meh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

This is already discussed on the harry potter forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

BingoBongo wrote: »

No offence to the Harry Potter forum but it can be very serious in there. I don't want to discuss plot lines and such....i just want to make fun of the situation in general. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Blatant publicity to sell more books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

It was me! I did it! I'm sorry...I was drugged!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Yes, but taking the piss out this over-hyped badly written twaddle is less likely to get me thwomped with the banhammer in AH, than on the HP forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

i'm surprised to discover there's anything about HP that isn't gay. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Is this in Deathly Hallows ? Thought that was the final book.

Crappy ending btw

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

oh noes!!!1

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I prefer the original link I read @ bbc.co.uk with lovely quotes like:

"Gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell welcomed the news about Dumbledore and said: "It's good that children's literature includes the reality of gay people, since we exist in every society."
    Even in made-up societies... well, um, lucky you - you're up there with the fairies and ...oh dear...

""But I am disappointed that she did not make Dumbledore's sexuality explicit in the Harry Potter book. Making it obvious would have sent a much more powerful message of understanding and acceptance."
    IT'S NEVER ENOUGH, IS IT?!?!

"...a spokesman for gay rights group Stonewall added: "It's great that JK has said this. It shows that there's no limit to what gay and lesbian people can do, even being a wizard headmaster."

An old beardy-weirdy that plays with his magic wand working with children and takes a close interest in a troubled teenage boy is really a positive role model that will break stereotypes...

Karoma wrote: »
    I prefer the original link I read @ bbc.co.uk with lovely quotes like:

"Gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell welcomed the news about Dumbledore and said: "It's good that children's literature includes the reality of gay people, since we exist in every society."
    Even in made-up societies... well, um, lucky you - you're up there with the fairies and ...oh dear...

""But I am disappointed that she did not make Dumbledore's sexuality explicit in the Harry Potter book. Making it obvious would have sent a much more powerful message of understanding and acceptance."
    IT'S NEVER ENOUGH, IS IT?!?!

"...a spokesman for gay rights group Stonewall added: "It's great that JK has said this. It shows that there's no limit to what gay and lesbian people can do, even being a wizard headmaster."

An old beardy-weirdy that plays with his magic wand working with children and takes a close interest in a troubled teenage boy is really a positive role model that will break stereotypes...
    Yes, because that's exactly what is needed in a childrens book.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Mmmm Dumbledore makes me moist!

• Advertisement
Advertisement