Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] How do I get a lvl 2 mission?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously what the hell, I thought I just needed to get a ranking of above 2 with an agent, but I've got up to lvl 4 with two now and nada, I'm starting to get an eye twitch from doing the same missions over and over again :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

azezil wrote: »
    Seriously what the hell, I thought I just needed to get a ranking of above 2 with an agent, but I've got up to lvl 4 with two now and nada, I'm starting to get an eye twitch from doing the same missions over and over again :)

What is it you're trying to achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

It's dependent off the personal, and I think corp, standing with the agent's faction and corp. The agents themselves will only improve in terms of effective quality (rewards for the mission), to get lv 2 missions you need to go to a lv2 agent.

And a standing of 4.0 is easy to get with an agent, worry more about your standing with factions and corps.

I'm kinda surprised your corp couldn't help you with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ok so if I increase my standing with a corp, will that then allow me to get lvl 2 missions?

At the moment what I'm doing is lvl 1 missions for 2 agents in the same corp, I've got ratings of just over 4 with both of them and over all rating with their corp of 0.92, so will I eventually get a lvl 2 mission from these two goon's or am I just pissing against the wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

its the 0.92 standing you should focus on.. click on the blue info button, for that corp, then look at the agents tab, then search for a lvl 2 agent you wish to run missions for etc.. in that agents information you can see what level of standing is required to gain access to that agent..

standing of like 1.0 should allow you to use the lvl 2 agents, goes up a bit towards level 4 agents which require somthing near 6.0 standing from the corp to you.

I've not really explained this very well.. best thing you could do is join the "Irish" channel ingame and we'll be able to answer those questions properly mate.

Ok so if I increase my standing with a corp, will that then allow me to get lvl 2 missions?
    Yes, from LVL 2 agents of that NPC corp. If you check out the corp info there should be a tab listing their agents.
    At the moment what I'm doing is lvl 1 missions for 2 agents in the same corp, I've got ratings of just over 4 with both of them and over all rating with their corp of 0.92, so will I eventually get a lvl 2 mission from these two goon's or am I just pissing against the wind?
    I've been told that you need a corp standing of ~3.5 so you'll need to do quite a few more missions for these 2 (assuming they're both in the same corp) to get access to level 2 missions. Keep checking the corp info tab like I've explained to see what agents in the corp are available to you as it will divide them according to whether or not they are available to you as well as according to what division of the corp (e.g. admin, intel, security, etc...) they are in.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Oh very good, cheers for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Bleh, it's not easy to explain but I'll try.

First off, train the "missioning" skills up to 3 at least. That's connections, social and negotiation.

Next, you already have a lvl1 agent. Importantly here a lvl 1 agent will not give you a l2 mission and so on however, if you train connections you can pretty much bypass L1s altogether as long as the corp likes you (if you're caldari do missions for the caldari navy).

Security and command type agents usually give you only kill missions. Courier missions will make you poke your eyes out.

Now to answer your question go to the agent you already run missions for, right click, show info then show info on the agents corp. Then there should be an agents tab.

The agents will be divided into type so courier, security, research blah blah. Go to security and it will show you what agents are available to you. For ones that are not available to you it will show the standing you require till you can. You can see your own standing by looking at your char info. Standings increase by doing the missions.

So importantly, YOU WON'T BE TOLD YOU CAN "LEVEL UP". I grinded away at L1 for sodding ages before this was explained to me...

So there ya go..... Oh in case you don't know quality means higher payouts etc and for example the lowest quality L2 agent still pays more than the highest quality L1 so always move up.

They've also changed the difficulty of missions so can't advise you on ship but in general you will need a cruiser for L2s and BC for L3s. Hang on in there for L4s and then you can start making real money and repeating the same missions over and over.....

Enjoy and any questions just shout.

Have to agree with Canis Lupus pretty much on everything, skills, Courier missions suck, etc...
    Will say that it might even be worth getting a battlecruiser before going into lv 2 missions, tend to be up against groups of cruisers & frigates in them so if you don't bring bigger guns you'd best make sure you're maxed out on skills for what you do have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

If your running missions for the caldari navy, DON'T change now, switch to another region and run missions for a mini or gallente corp. You'll thank me when your in a system with about 10-30 ppl rather than 100-200 :D

R0ot wrote: »
    If your running missions for the caldari navy, DON'T change now, switch to another region and run missions for a mini or gallente corp. You'll thank me when your in a system with about 10-30 ppl rather than 100-200 :D

Good point there but isn't the grind somewhat longer when you select a corp not racially aligned with you? Isn't your starting point lower than with a corp aligned to you?

Not sure if I'm right tho cos I was well up to L4s when I tried gallente for a bit but I'd hammered my standing with them thanks to enemies abound and what not.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I'm doing Gallente missions!!
    But I'll research those social skills and see how I gets on ;)

Just check the corp tab for your agent, that will show you where the L2 and L3 agents are situated that you can use then you need to pack up shop and move to them. Happy missioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ammm... no -R0ot

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

legend

Advertisement