Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDWOW Pre-Christmas Sale [Monday, 22nd October]

Options
  • 22-10-2007 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to mention the C word so soon, bit of a shock to the system I know. :)

Link here.

Before sale prices listed below for reference.

Lilo and Stitch Special Edition £4.99
    Rocky Balboa £7.99
    Bladexs of Glory £11.99
    Blood Diamond £9.99
    Talking Heads - Stop making sense £7.99
    Hot Fuzz £8.99
    Mr Beans Holiday £11.99
    King Kong Special Edition (2 disc) £6.99
    Madonna - I'm gonna tell you a secret (CD+DVD) £14.99
    300 Steelbook £14.99
    Sunshine £11.99
    Bruce Springsteen with the Sessions Band - Live In Dublin £6.99
    Beatrix Potter: The World Of Peter Rabbit And Friends (DVD and Soft Toy) £11.99
    The OC Season 3 £15.99
    The Pet Shop Boys - cubism £9.99
    West Life Live at Wembley £9.99
    Shooter £11.99
    Michael Flatley - Celtic Tiger £7.99
    Abba - the movie £7.99
    Take That Ultimate Tour £8.99
    Dark Water £8.99
    Poseidon Special Edition £4.99
    The Gremlins Collection £9.99
    Doctor Who Series 3 volume 2 £8.99
    Mr Beans Holiday region 3 £7.99
    Ghost in the shell special edition £6.99
    Rammstein - Live aus Berlin £8.99
    James May's Motormania Car Quiz £5.99
    The Abyss Special Edition £4.99
    Curb your enthusiasm season 3 £12.99
    Quantum leap season 2 £14.99
    Fellowship of the ring £4.99
    Doctor Who series 3 volume 1 £8.99

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

Thanks R

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

I don't know if it is worth buying from cdwow anymore. I've bought 3 cd's and a boxset from them in the last month and none of them are in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

dubmick wrote: »
    I don't know if it is worth buying from cdwow anymore. I've bought 3 cd's and a boxset from them in the last month and none of them are in stock.

I agree. I bought a game off them about a month ago and still haven't received it. This is about the third time in a row that i have bought an item off them and then had to cancel because i was left waiting for over a month to receive it. Never going near these guys again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I ordered three CDs 3 weeks ago, they said they had all shipped, but I only ever got one of them.
    Anyone know what their policy is here?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

In the past they just sent you a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Best bargain in that list is "The Abyss" - top notch.

I ordered 2 DVDs a couple of weeks ago. Only got one so far.
    Doesn't really bother me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

cancelled a few orders of mine aswell. sent me a £1 voucher as an apology. bit of a joke really. thought they'd got better aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Dades wrote: »
    Best bargain in that list is "The Abyss" - top notch.

It should be noted however that it's non-anamorphic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Don't forget about the postal strike in the UK. May explain current delivery times. CDWOW were extremely (understatement of the year) poor about 6 months ago but have improved no end. Wouldn't have any hesitation buying from them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I don't see how the postal strike in the UK would affect delivery times seeing as CDWOW post from Hong Kong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I ordered a Rome boxset from their last sale. So far I'm getting a new email every couple of days telling me it's been delayed.

Makes me grumpy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I ordered some stuff during the 24 hour sale and it all arrived.

What annoys me about cdwow at the moment is that your shopping basket only shows the number of CD's/DVD's/Games you have in the basket rather than the names of what you have.
    For someone with a short attention span like me this is quite annoying as I can never remember half the things I've put in my basket and it doesn't tell you until you get the confirmation email after paying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

zaph wrote: »
    I don't see how the postal strike in the UK would affect delivery times seeing as CDWOW post from Hong Kong.
    I'll get me coat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Gauge wrote: »
    I ordered a Rome boxset from their last sale. So far I'm getting a new email every couple of days telling me it's been delayed.

Makes me grumpy :(

I ordered the same boxset and am getting the same crap every few days saying its expected at some further date

aaf wrote: »
    I'll get me coat :o

Ah don't go! :D

Shameless plug time - there's a new D15 forum you might be interested in, see my sig below for a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Yep to both, and things were supposed to have improved after they were taken over, but judging from some posters' experiences it seems that it didn't last long and they've slipped back into their old ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

they're defo better but I guess it takes a wee while for be 100% humming again

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Agreed - wouldn't be hard to be better than they were 6 months ago, but definitely getting back to form again now - judging by my last few orders anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

GStormcrow wrote: »
    I ordered the same boxset and am getting the same crap every few days saying its expected at some further date

ditto and another one today for a further 6 day delay:eek:

I'm kinda just waiting until they cancel the orders, sorry our supplier . . . . . . . blah blah blah but usually I have no problem with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

Personally think it was the McDonalds Promo that killed them, those vouchers never died !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

ditto and another one today for a further 6 day delay:eek:

I'm kinda just waiting until they cancel the orders, sorry our supplier . . . . . . . blah blah blah but usually I have no problem with them.

Yeah the same thing here.
    Email yesterday saying there is a delay in receiving product from supplier and expected date of despatch was the 26/10, then another email today-currently awaiting stock of this title and "HOPE" to despatch on the 31/10.
    It was in stock when i ordered it! I'll never buy off them again after all this messing about. They didnt waste much time taking the money for it though i notice.

Advertisement