Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer seeks band/musicians

Options
  • 21-10-2007 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey people.

24 year old city centre drummer here, seeking some musicians and (or) band to jam with.

The story is, I start playing and taking lessons when I was around 21, and currently still taking weekly lessons.

Yes my downfall is I haven’t jammed with many bands and have no gigging experience.
    But I’ve got positive feed back from the musicians I’ve jammed with so far. AND I’m not some guy who bangs out ****ty rock beats till the cows come home.

I’m studying under some great drummers and hope to let that shine.
    Currently I’m working on jazz/funk beats and swing feel, while trying to develop stronger technique with my wrist and figures.

I like to think my selling point is I’m always getting better (by the week) and pushing myself to do better things on the kit.

I’m interested in any musicians who want to take me up on my offer.
    Though I’m not really interested in playing or joining repetitive punk or metal bands.

Please, if the shortest of drummers is as great as people say it is, and your band ain’t gigging because it’s an engine short? Well give me a run, a chance and maybe I’ll surprise you.

Peace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Jacub

Hi,
    We used to play with talented young drummer. Unfortunately he left Ireland and went to Prague to study percussion. At this moment we do not know if he will back to Ireland soon.
    Will you be interested in kind of our music.
    Check www.myspace.com/blindsking
    Write some comments, please.
    Regards
    Jacub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Stand

AlcoholicA wrote: »

Said I wasn't interested in metal mate.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iant

Hi,
    Our band are looking for a drummer.
    Main thing would be the ability to play different styles
    We're a dublin based band All in our 20's Stuff we like:
    Mr Bungle,Miles Davis, Beck, Michael Jackson, Bjork Radiohead,
    RJD2,Pharcyde, Dj Shadow,Arcade Fire, RATM, James Brown, Nirvana, The Melvins,mars volta, Erik Satie,Bowie, Sonic youth,Prince, Amon Tobin, enyo marconi, Erik Satie, RATM,Richard D. James, Tangerine Dream, Stevie wonder, Rachels,sufjan stevens, super furry animals,velvet underground,Sigur ros, debussy album leaf, mum, air, silver mount zion,We all play a couple of different things. We have a full set ready to go.Write stuff constantly and are open to input.We're practicing in the city centre tomorrow...that sound interesting?
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HeroinIsSo90's

my friend is in a metal band and they are looking for a drummer I could hook you up if you like?? Pahahaha

• Advertisement

my friend is in a metal band and they are looking for a drummer I could hook you up if you like?? Pahahaha

Oh well, why not. Can't be anyy worse then a ****ty 3 cord wonder punk band now can it?? huh?

iant wrote: »
    Hi,
    Our band are looking for a drummer.
    Main thing would be the ability to play different styles
    We're a dublin based band All in our 20's Stuff we like:
    Mr Bungle,Miles Davis, Beck, Michael Jackson, Bjork Radiohead,
    RJD2,Pharcyde, Dj Shadow,Arcade Fire, RATM, James Brown, Nirvana, The Melvins,mars volta, Erik Satie,Bowie, Sonic youth,Prince, Amon Tobin, enyo marconi, Erik Satie, RATM,Richard D. James, Tangerine Dream, Stevie wonder, Rachels,sufjan stevens, super furry animals,velvet underground,Sigur ros, debussy album leaf, mum, air, silver mount zion,We all play a couple of different things. We have a full set ready to go.Write stuff constantly and are open to input.We're practicing in the city centre tomorrow...that sound interesting?
    Ian

What's the set mate?

we play our own stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HeroinIsSo90's

The Stand wrote: »
    Oh well, why not. Can't be anyy worse then a ****ty 3 cord wonder punk band now can it?? huh?

I learned a fourth chord this morning in all fairness to me

Do ya have a website/myspace/bebo I could check some mp3's out?

• Advertisement

Dont know how well it represents how we sound now but give it a listen here:
    www.myspace.com/elsewheredublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

OP, I know you said you're not interested in punk/metal but there is not need to give abuse to anyone who mentions them, you came here looking for musicians, no need to give em abuse when they respond...

Whatever dude.. Back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 squire89

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kelch007

Hey

We are a nothside Dublin based, indie/rock band that are seeking a drummer to rehearse with. We write our own material and sometimes throw in a cover here and there. We've been together roughly around 6 years and have drifted in and outta the Dublin music scene mainly due to the lack of a permanent drummer. So if your still looking send us an email at thewaywardmusic@gmail.com

Cheers
    The Wayward:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭garyfoxes

werein a band at the moment but were looking for a drummer. go to www.myspace.com/reignbyrd and let us know what you think cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 nsonline

Are you into the stone roses, oasis, who, jam etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davemcgeown

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4407072674 listen to these bad recordings and let me know if you would be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

Hiya,

24yo southsider. Write solo under the name Where is This and I'm looking for some people to help out with the live part. A live drummer would be fantastic and my drums are interesting and esoteric.

Check out my stuff here: http://myspace.com/whereisthismusicyouspeakof

Also interested, separate from the solo stuff, in forming another band. Have two years writing/rehearsing/gigging experience and itching to get back into it. From a band perspective, I have reams of lyrics and sing and have a two and a half to three octave range.

Feel free to mail me @ markw999@gmail.com or PM me (although I check the email more often)

Ta muchly for reading, and the best of luck

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CJ07

We're looking for a drummer. We,re based in the city center. There are 3 of us in our early 20s 2 guitarist and a bassist. We've been playing together over a year now and have no gigging experience yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kheed

hey,
    if you've not found a band yet, we're looking for a drummer. we play mostly acoustic tunes at the moment with some djembe drums and badhran all original songs. Our line up is 2 acoustic guitars, bass guitar violin and vocals. Our lead guitar player is leaving the country for a few months and we hope to find a drummer while he is away. we range in age from 22 to 40ish...we definitely are not looking for a metal drummer, just someone with ryhthm and imagination and subtelty.

a couple of our tunes are here, www.myspace.com/entheosinfo and we have more recorded if you'd like to hear them.
    we've recently played a couple of gigs in the village and have a demo ready to launch.if you're interested drop me a mail to boddahdidit@yahoo.com
    Cheers

Advertisement