Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dlink dns-323 not mapping network drive

Options
  • 21-10-2007 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭

using vista 64bit.

the device is plugged into my router and have assigned it an ip address of 192.168.1.64, which if i type into my web browser i get the config page for the NAS, and if i connect to that ip through an FTP program (ftp server running on the NAS) i get access to my files.

but the problem is i can't map this drive like i was able to before, there were two methods available

1. using the dlink software, which works up to a point where it asks me to map which volume to a certain letter (x) it then asks me for a password to which i give it the password for the NAS, didn't work so i tried every other possible combination of login info i have and still nothing.

2. using vistas "map network drive" option. but all that shows up in the network browser is my own pc?

anyone any ideas?

*edit*

tried mapping the drive on my macbook running xp and it mapped straight away.

Advertisement