Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting videos for iPod - Software that Ques

Options
  • 21-10-2007 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭

I have trawled this site, and the net, and I haven't been able to find an answer to my Q.

I have tons of .avi, mpeg and wmv files that I would like to convert to use with my iPod. Any software that that I have found, and tried, that converts to the iPod friendly mp4 format, requires you to convert each individual file (as oppossed to directing the software to the 'my videos' folder in xp). This is a very time consuming process. Is there any software out there that allows you to sleect a folder, rather than a file, which would essentially just que all the files for conversion, rather than manually selecting each file?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Cheers ph3nom, could you detail exactly how you setup a queing mode??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Alright cheers. Still hoping to find something that can do it by folder because I must have about 200 files, something like when you add a folder to the itunes library would be lush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I think Nero Recode can do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Ph3n0m wrote: »

Thanks for this suggestion, tried it - can't believe how easy and quick it was. I thought it'd be messy so hadn't gotten around to putting video on IPod :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ph3n0m wrote: »

im using this too as a converter for my existing short movie clips to convert them to mp4 for my ipod, my only problem is sucessfully ripping DVD's so i can watch them on my ipod too.

any that i rip have no sound but perfect quality picture :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

There's also 3gp_converter: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/3GP_Converter
    This is very fast, It has a very simple interface
    Just Drag the videos into the list screen and it'll convert them.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

I think with the latest version of Videora, when you browse for a file in '1 click conversion', you can select multiple files from a directory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I find imtoo pretty good for converting DVDs. Seems to be a lot less complicated than using Videora.

• Advertisement
Advertisement