Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a small job done - can anyone help please?

Options
  • 21-10-2007 4:03pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys. I thought of putting this in the modified cars section, but what I'm really after is someone who is good with wood etc to do a very small job.

Basically I am putting a fairly decent stereo install into my car. It comprises of one subwoofer and two amplifiers. I already have a special box for the sub, I need help making the amplifiers nicely neat and subtle in the boot. I want it to look pretty much like this:

http://www.zascar.com/files/cars/stealthinstall.jpg

What I need to do is use 15mm - 18mm mdf, and make a floor in my boot, mount the amps, and then build another floor on top of it with cut outs for the two amps, and then trim it all in black carpet, making it as neat and tidy as possible like the above photo.

I will do all the wiring etc that's no problem, but would any of you guys be interested in doing the rest as a nixer?

I'm based in Monkstown in Dublin but I've no problem coming over to you if it's easier that way.

Anyone intersted please post here with further questions or mail info (at) zascar.com

Thnaks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 segovia

hi
    yeah I can do this as a nixer.Q:do you have the components(for sizes ect).
    what is that material ? (baize, cloth, whatever) MDF and contact adhesive are easy to come by. some trial and error and a will to succeed,= most of Saturday , some of Sunday :rolleyes:should do it.I have never been insulted by any amount of money...Ha!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hey, thanks but I actually got it done just today! However I may need help trimming it with carpet so if you are handy with that I'll get back to you ina few weeks when I'm ready...
    Cheers

Advertisement