Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav Presenter?

Options
  • 21-10-2007 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, out of the three which do you prefer to listen to ?

For me its James ''The Other Bloke'' May

Other two can be a bit OTT sometimes, May is his own man!

-VB-

Top Gear Presenters 120 votes

Richard ''Hampster'' Hammond
    0% 0 votes
    Jeremy ''POWER'' Clarkson
    35% 43 votes
    James ''The Other Bloke'' May
    64% 77 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ditto that, of the three he is the one I can identify with. Have you seen his Wine Adventures with Oz Clarke? Its on BBC2 on Tuesday (I think). You don't need to have any interest in vino to enjoy it.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

James May for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭Trampas

For me it has to be all 3 together.

Not sure I could watch with just one of the other. I think all 3 make it work as them seem to work very well together

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Richard Hammond for me, I think he's a great presenter with endless (childish) enthusiasm :) He really seems to be a genuine nice-guy too and to top it all he's a short arse, like me :D

I think that they gel well as a team but if I have to choose one then it's him, James May would come second, with Clarkson in third. That said, I can't imagine Top Gear without Clarkson, I never watched it when he wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think they all bring their own element to the show and would be a huge loss if any of them were to leave so i agree completly with

Not sure I could watch with just one of the other. I think all 3 make it work as them seem to work very well together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Its a great show and there all great in there own way, BUT if i had to choose it would be James "the other guy" May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Yeah I agree. Captain slow is my favourite too. Love the way he annoys the other two with his check lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Wow, May is actually winning in the poll! I'd have thought he's the least popular of the three

He's always had my vote though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

I gotta say I love the dynamic between all 3..

You even catch glimpses into when they get agitated with each other..

Its the only thing I watch on tv.. I think I am a little toooo into it..

Its the golden era for top gear right now, hope it lasts awhile..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

i like May but i picked Clarkson simply because of his wit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

When they went in search for the utimate driving road you could see the lads getting annoyed at each other when they were getting stuck in traffic but they do seem to get on very well.When they were in the Isle of man testng the honda s2000,the porsche and something else you could see them having a laugh and looked like they are good friends off screen aswell.

Oh ya,Jezza for me-WHY because i can never find fault in anything he says on that show,he just makes sense and also has no problems in telling people what he genuinely thinks,like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Shane_O wrote: »
    When they went in search for the utimate driving road you could see the lads getting annoyed at each other when they were getting stuck in traffic but they do seem to get on very well.When they were in the Isle of man testng the honda s2000,the porsche and something else you could see them having a laugh and looked like they are good friends off screen aswell.

Oh ya,Jezza for me-WHY because i can never find fault in anything he says on that show,he just makes sense and also has no problems in telling people what he genuinely thinks,like myself.

They're all great friends theres no question about that.
    When Hammond had that crash Jezza and May would not make any more shows until he was fit to continue.
    If he had died there'd have been no-more top gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Has to be clarkson. The man is just hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

kwestfan08 wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 39,712 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Is it true Coogan based alot of Partridge on Clarkson?

All three for me, love the way Clarkson calls Captain Slow, Dame Edna May.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

+2

• Registered Users Posts: 22,272 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Shane_O wrote: »

I just find it quite funny that he bought a gt40 that he couldn't get in or out of, and that didn't complete a single journey without something going wrong the whole time he owned it.

(BTW, I voted for captain slow)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Voted Clarkson too, because of his witty remarks while describing a car ... Think they all work brilliantly together though. The best show on TV, by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Clarkson because he's funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Trampas wrote: »

I agree. I like them all together. I like how Clarkson picks on the other two. But it's all good fun. They work very well together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

POWER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 poukai

It's got to be all three together, it never would have been the same if the Hamster hadn't made his amazing recovery, it's the chemistry between them that's great, much greater than each one individually...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

yeah clarkson his outrageous comments are brillant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Okay, this thread has been running since Oct '07, and I still can't pick a favourite.

It has to be all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

all three BUT the show wouldnt survive without clarkson whereas it could without may or Hammond. also got to love to hate clarkson, he brings an edge, the spark for arguments!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

im gonna say clarkson, he is just such a legend and as jimmy carr pointed out he sritiques a car by saying stuff that doesnt help you know if the car is good or bad:

"this sounds like thor the god of thunder gargeling(sp??).....with nails!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

The Other Bloke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Clarkson 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

mike65 wrote: »
    Ditto that, of the three he is the one I can identify with.

+1 for captain slow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I hope hope the new presenter won't be a dry boy.

Advertisement