Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spamhaus

Options
  • 20-10-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

can anyone explain why my sent emails are being blocked by this crowd spamhaus? do i try and take my name off their list or leave it?
    cheers:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

What is the exact message that you are getting.

spamhaus usually block mails on the basis that the IP address they were sent from has been used recently for sending spam or viruses.

By any chance are you using a 3 Modem?

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

here is what comes up.

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'tom@fmmarr.ie'. Subject 'IAN KING RE ITALY', Account: 'ivking', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=82.195.137.252', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

it comes up on all my email address.
    cheers

just checked the link above apperently my ip address has a storm worm attached to it. now i have to find the worm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

here is what comes up.

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'tom@fmmarr.ie'. Subject 'IAN KING RE ITALY', Account: 'ivking', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=82.195.137.252', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

it comes up on all my email address.
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

It is not the e-mail address that is being blocked it is the ip address.

According to CBL http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=82.195.137.252

It is blocked because one of the computers at that address is infected with the STORM worm and sending infected copies out.

I notice the ip address belongs to Hosting 365 which is unusual unless you are using some sort of hosted e-mail system.

If you have a deal with them i suggest you contact them. The block had previously been delisted on the 17th of this month and then relisted 8 hours ago.

I would also make sure that it is not one of your own computers causing the problem by running a good AV utility on them. It is a nasty virus which can mean losing control of your computer to others.

If you need any help send me a pm.

Shane

Advertisement