Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose Wave System

Options
  • 20-10-2007 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I need a small hi-fi for my kitchen.

I'm thinking about getting a Bose Wave System with iPod Connectivity for €730.

I've never heard the system before.

Any other recomendations?

....Can we avoid the Buy Other Sound Equipment jokes if at all possible :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

The Tivoli Audio Model 2 is light years ahead of the BOSE. No contest.
    model2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I'll check it out....do you know how much would I be looking at for the base unit, subwoofer and cd unit?

Would ye recomend looking at stuff from Bang & Olufsen?

jamieh wrote: »
    I'll check it out....do you know how much would I be looking at for the base unit, subwoofer and cd unit?

Would ye recomend looking at stuff from Bang & Olufsen?

By all means look at B&O stuff but don't listen to it. Style over substance I'm afraid. They do look great but sound average. It's a pity but there ye go....

The Tivoli Model 2 is about €300 and I doubt if you'll need the sub, the speakers look small but they have a big sound. If you find you miss deep deep bass then you can always get one later. The Tivoli CD player isn't great to be honest so unless it's for looks I wouldn't bother (it's about €300 too). A far more flexible solution is to use the AUX input and use either an MP3 player or discman.
    Cloney, Peats and Alliance Electric all stock Tivoli.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I've a Bose Wave CD system in the kitchen. Sound is OK, but if you plan on listening to a lot of speech the bass response can be a bit fatiguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I've the Tivoli Model 1. MMmmmmmmmmmmmwa!

• Advertisement

I've the Tivoli Model 1. MMmmmmmmmmmmmwa!

The One is lovely alright but being mono it isn't for everyone. It works very well in smaller rooms or at a bedside.

Many people use the Model Two as computer speakers (connected via the aux). Obviously the PC can play CDs or MP3s through it or you can switch back to FM for radio.

Advertisement