Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoca Fire?

Options
  • 19-10-2007 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, anyone have any idea how badly Avoca Shop and Cafe in Bunratty is damaged? (Fire there tonight!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Totally gutted saw the clock tower fall no roof left just the shell from what I could see was left.

Dirty Nellies was closed also seen the fire brigade having to wet the staw on Dirty Nellies.

Fire tenders still there at 23:30

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Wonder what happened? Was only saying the other day that I should go there for lunch soon. Obviously not now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Drove past it last night, i thought it was Nellys that was on fire. The flames were huge, right up to the top of the castle. I have a picture on my phone, ill upload it later.

I just drove past it again about an hour ago, its totally gutted and the road beside it is closed. There are guards standing there directing drivers away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Melion wrote: »
    Drove past it last night, i thought it was Nellys that was on fire. The flames were huge, right up to the top of the castle. I have a picture on my phone, ill upload it later.

I just drove past it again about an hour ago, its totally gutted and the road beside it is closed. There are guards standing there directing drivers away

Same as

Was on my way home from Dublin Friday Night and passed Bunratty around 8
    That Avoca shop was an inferno, you could still smell the smoke about 5 miles further down the road.
    was gonna pull in and take a video but all the places on the hard should were already taken !
    Anyone know how it started ??

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

No reports on how it started yet. gardai wil prob know this evening or tomorrow.big shock and bigger shame. lets hope they build it back soon bigger and better!!

• Advertisement

Anyone know the cause of the fire? Went past it this weekend on my way back to Cork, first time seeing it since the fire. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

From what I have heard it was an electrical problem and started in the kitchens

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

heard that the kitchems were the last place to go up and that it started inside the main entrance on the right somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Melion wrote: »

Any sign of the photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

What's it like now?

• Advertisement

What's it like now?

As of yesterday it's still as bad as ever, if not worse.

Advertisement