Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Eve Died :(

Options
  • 19-10-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Latest info appears to be a 4-5 week rollback. The company storing the data went bankrupt or something.

Now I have to train cruise 5 all over again.... I'll seriously be expecting at the least free game time for the amount rolled back.

I reserve the right to u turn on the above comments if CCP manages to make it all okay again just so I don't look too silly for making claims like a 5 week rollback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

there's no way ccp will have lost 4-5 weeks of game info on the only product they have going even they arent that stupid no doubt they have many many backup's.....anyway i didnt notice any datebase/lag issues it was a pritty normal shut down wouldnt worry to much till we known more about what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Latest info appears to be a 4-5 week rollback. The company storing the data went bankrupt or something.

Now I have to train cruise 5 all over again.... I'll seriously be expecting at the least free game time for the amount rolled back.

I reserve the right to u turn on the above comments if CCP manages to make it all okay again just so I don't look too silly for making claims like a 5 week rollback.

Oh jeebus, I hope you're wrong/f**king kidding, words cannot describe how peeved I would be with CCP if this happens, in fact considering my account's not much older than 5 weeks I'd be as well off quit probably, stick to games I know get adequate backing up...

The fact that the website's down and all leaves me thinking all their servers have been shut down for some reason, could just be the cleaner unplugged them (working in a company which has it's own server you'd be surprised how often the cleaner, handyman or some other fool would unplug the servers to plug in their vaccuum cleaner, drill, etc...) though. It can take a while to bring them back up when that happens.

The eve server had a controled shut down it didnt suddenly crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Well theres loads of rumors flying around, but nothing official has been said as the sites still down too >_< so just wait it out lads, buy The Orange box and play tf2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DiasporaD

spam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

It's ok dude I heard the same thing. I really dont know what I'll do if it's true needless to say I will not be a happy camper.

Although speaking of camping, at least I have the orange box like r0ot said and I like to pwn it up on tf2 when Darkireland isnt ****ing pyroing me to death every 5 ****ing seconds.

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Although speaking of camping, at least I have the orange box like r0ot said and I like to pwn it up on tf2 when Darkireland isnt ****ing pyroing me to death every 5 ****ing seconds.

I only do it because i care dont want you to catch a cold now do i

DiasporaD wrote: »
    Go to this url to start playing.

http://hestia.nighsoft.net/nighsoft/index.php?aff_id=10

Have Fun.

Epic fail @ shillage.

0/10

Now says
    TQ will be back very soon! The rumors of rollbacks are not true. We have lost no data. everything will be explained soon.

thank god

still why didnt they give us some info a bit sooner its been around 9 hours since the server went down rummors where bound to be rampent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Its starting up now aparently (7 mins to go)

edit: GREAT EVE flash or GREATEST EVE flash? http://www.student.ru.nl/martindevillers/rmrnstuff.html

edit 2: Start up was a trap :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Official post saying they found someone accessing the database, no one other than the cheating player has been affected. All should be grand now. Phew. (Feels little silly but was panicing in a girly way nevertheless)

EDIT:

<NTRabbit> <&Sharkbait> one of the db admins got hit with keylogger
    <NTRabbit> <&Sharkbait> used an authorized account to shift spawn tables by one row
    <NTRabbit> <&Sharkbait> meta 6 gear was being dropped from standard spawns of the affected npc group
    <NTRabbit> <&Sharkbait> maintenance pruning returned 6539 officer items on one account, so the servers were shut down, forums are integrated and are also shut down
    <NTRabbit> <&Sharkbait> not that long, we have full weekly backups
    <NTRabbit> <&Sharkbait> unfortunately tracing all damage done manually is impossible, we have no tools designed to read transactions when the db itself is skewed
    <NTRabbit> <&Sharkbait> yes, no billing or account status was affected, thats part of the billing dept smile

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

lolz ccp was hax0r'd.

6539 officer items on one account jesus. If he was smart he would have passed them around obviously. Wish I had stumbled accross whatever NPC group he was messing with wonder how many people got a nice surprise lol

Maddzy wrote: »
    lolz ccp was hax0r'd.

6539 officer items on one account jesus. If he was smart he would have passed them around obviously. Wish I had stumbled accross whatever NPC group he was messing with wonder how many people got a nice surprise lol

You don't need it love, you're a bad mo****er anyway.

Tenner it was Monkeyking ;p

Well at least there were 37K people online yesterday so it didn't reduce the numbers on over the weekend any, either that or it was all the people buying second accounts while the offer's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

maybe I just got lucky but I sold a missile launcher for 6million a day or 2 ago, I think it was a level 2 mission I got it on. would this just be a case of 1 in 1000 you get something rarer as loot?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

On occassion you get interesting stuff. In a bog standard L4 I got a 12mill plus gun from a sub 500k rat. It doesn't happen often but it's a nice surprise when it does. I'm assuming you got an arby launcher, these are rare enough in l2s I would have thought but get slightly more common further up the line.

Advertisement