Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recording studio

Options
  • 19-10-2007 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

im desperate to get a week or two o work expo in a music studio bu nowhere will take,, one place used to do it but dont anymore =[=[
    some radio stations take ty students bu i don wanna do that,, jus

anyone kno a recordinng studio that does take ty students??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

They don't seem to want to take TY students. My mate called one only to be told that they were full even though he hadn't mentioned any dates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

sMILIE

Get out the golden pages.....and basically just ring all of them! Dont stop ringing places until you have something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

beacon studios. even thought its crap..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Sonic Eye Media spent 2 weeks there, dead sound about it, just rang up, impossible to find it though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Check up on all the colleges that offer music technology degrees (eg UL, NUI Maynooth, Trinity) as they have studios. I seem to remember there being a guy on work experience in our studio in UL when I was doing my masters there. www.ccmcm.ie for contact details. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭robertbarry

just posted this on another post but it applies here too.

Yes you have to be careful approaching recording studios as a lot of them dont like or want anything to do with the colleges that teach these audio courses (its a long and sordid story). I would imagine you are coming up against a brick wall!

Best way is to make a polite phone call. Dont play up that you have done a course as sometimes mentioning some of the courses can actually make them not want to have anything to do with you.

Recording Studios are more impressed by a CD of your work and a genuine wish to start at the bottom (tea making) and work your way up. IE genuinely say the words 'i will make the tea' and also 'gentle' friendly persistance is key.

Hope this helps

Advertisement