Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aero hot chocolate

Options
  • 19-10-2007 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

:Dthese:D:D are so yummy:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I didn't find them to be that great. Now Cadbury's hot chocolate ....mmm...
    Also, it's not Coffee or Tea... ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

My son likes them but I don't, you have to stir them for ages to dissolve the powder! Prefer Higlights or Cadburys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

My son likes them but I don't, you have to stir them for ages to dissolve the powder! Prefer Higlights or Cadburys.

A hand held milk frother is what you need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Beware! They're full of trans-fats (hydrogenated fats). Nasty, nasty stuff which I expect will eventually get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The finished drink is very heavy. You're also suppoed to use a few spoons of the mix in order to make a cup.

When I was a kid, I loved Cola Cao

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Folks, the Coffee & Tea Charter provides for this discussion, you should read it.

PM me if there's any problem with this.

Back on-topic.

Mrs Magnolia had one of these yesterday afternoon. She said they were fantastic. I intend to try one myself at the weekend.

Did any of you ever come across them? You get served the slightly frothed milk with the Belguim chocolate separately on a stick, then stir it in. Must have a look to see if they're available anywhere.

choc_mug1.jpg

Tell me, where is it possible to get one of these fine beverages?

I've mailed the company, I'll let you know when they get back to me.

Eno, a new Italian café in Dundalk have them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    A hand held milk frother is what you need!

Great, I have one, I will actually use it now!

• Advertisement

:(

They don't post out dudara. I haven't given up yet though...

Thanks for the trying, Dundalk is a bit too far to go for hot chocolate. The hazelnut hot chocolate from Starbucks will have to suffice for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Real hot chocolate:

2 heaped tsp real cocoa powder
    2 tsp vanilla sugar
    2 good tsp finely chopped 70% chocolate
    dash cinnamon powder
    tiny dash chilli powder
    1 cup milk

Method:
    Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the chocolate has melted, but don't let it boil.
    Whisk until tired or froth with a milk frother.
    Drink and enjoy.

Add a shot of brandy to really warm you up on these cold winter nights.

Hardly any more effort than those probably-carcinogenic chemical concoctions that come in a sachet, and soooo much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

http://www.purebeans.co.uk/choc-o-lait/choc-o-lait/hot-chocolate/code/chocolait/

Those choc-o-lait things sound great :D If anyone manages to order some let us know. They seem to only be available to shops :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

That company says they post outside the UK on request so I might give them an email!

I mailed them. They said they won't post to ROIreland or N.I.

i think this place might (it says shipping costs depend on your country and they email you after you after you place your order, so it might be better to order in bulk?)

http://www.kaldi.nl/engels/choc-o-lait.html

Just to report back I found somewhere that will ship to Ireland (run by a really friendly guy called Patrick) they cost €1 a piece which is great! The shipping quoted is €15.70 per package but as I was only ordering a few to try them out, Patrick said he could arrange a different shipping option and it came in at around a fiver for shipping 8 of them.

http://www.drinks4you.at/

I would really recommend the site to anyone who is interested. You can pay by paypal as well. The site will have an English language version on December to make it easier :) It's easy to figure it out though (they sell through the austrian ebay site as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I make my own hot chocolate. It's so easy. Just heat up enough milk in a pot. Drop in dark chocolate and whisk until it's melted. I usually just add in a few squares of chocolate at a time until it looks the way I like it. Then just add in a spoon of sugar if you want. (Sometimes I just use Bournville and forget about the sugar.) The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.

My housemate drinks the Aero stuff and it smells horrible! But that's just my opinion.

As a child I had Cadburys Hot Chocolate every morning and I sometimes dipped thick slices of bread into it.

Oh, you can get stirrers in Marks and Spencers for your coffee/hot chocolate. Like a chocolate lollipop that you stir your drink with.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

I'm going through an Options hot drink obsessive phase at the moment. Only problem seems to be tracking them down. Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that stocks a decent range of the flavours? I can only get mint, orange and belgium choc but according to the ad on tv, there's a whole lot more available... and tv never lies...
    If anyone happens to notice a good range on their next shopping trip, please let me know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

I think stills lovely stuff i could drink it all day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

i think this place might (it says shipping costs depend on your country and they email you after you after you place your order, so it might be better to order in bulk?)

http://www.kaldi.nl/engels/choc-o-lait.html

Thanks. Mine arrived this morning :D

Advertisement