Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Olive Grove Athlone

Options
  • 19-10-2007 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Another cullinary delight in the growing foody town. Anyone been there, I am heading there this weekend, just wondering if anyone has any experiences.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LizzyD

Yeah it's really nice there... Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I've been there lots of times, very friendly, good food, good value. The only drawback for me was that as a regular you got through the menu quite quickly. A little more variety would be welcome, other than that, thumbs up from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LizzyD

Was in the new Olive Grove last week.. looks good... they could do with changing their menu a bit tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Oh is that actually open yet? Was walking over the bridge and it looked like they were still working on it.

Have to agree the food is great, price isn't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 aluapnaej

Don't tell me the menu is the same in the new place as it was in the old? That's well overdue for an update!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Great food! Good atmosphere, a bit manic at times, new premises I suppose. Great wine list and good value!

Gertie Browns is a lovely pub for pre-dinner drinks....

I can only speak for the veggie option.
    Curry with a bare minimum of vegetable swimming in a bland sauce.
    It was campbells catering on the appauling scale.

Service was very slow, and the host made a pompous fuss because we hadn't made a reservation. But the place was empty at the time and it was clear that they could serve us.

Not going back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I can only speak for the veggie option.

I hear that vegetarians can sometimes get a hard time in non vegetarian restaurants. Maybe that was it? Unacceptable of course... That fuss thing happens everywhere in Dublin, must be "the thing" to do!

Advertisement