Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Toolbar Buttons

Options
  • 19-10-2007 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭

Might seem a bit strange but recently when i open a program or internet page the related button doesn't appear on the taskbar below. This is quite annoying as i usually have alot of programs open at the same time. I don't know what's happened because i'm the only person using this computer and no one could have been messing with it. Does anyone have any thoughts on what i've done or how i can rectify it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Select => View

=> Toolbars

=> Navigation Toolbar?

At least I think this is what you mean??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭great unwashed

maybe your programs are grouped?

right-click on the taskbar
    select 'properties'
    untick the 'Group Similar Taskbar Buttons' tickbox

..if that's what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

maybe your programs are grouped?

right-click on the taskbar
    select 'properties'
    untick the 'Group Similar Taskbar Buttons' tickbox

..if that's what you mean

No, the problem is that the taskbar buttons are not appearing at all on the taskbar regardless of the programs that i have open.

eg. if i have boards and bebo open, the taskbar is empty, while it should be showing two buttons, one for boards and one for bebo.

I'm sorry i can't be much clearer, i'm not exactly computer literate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭great unwashed

That's a weird one and very annoying. Sorry I can't help you further but it sounds like a Windows function (manager or systray or something?) is not behaving itself.

You might know how to do the following already but if you don't, knowing how to switch between running programs using the keyboard might help you or others helping you.

To do this
    on the bottom row of keys just left of the spacebar, place your left thumb on the 'ALT' key;
    while holding your thumb there, press the TAB key once (it's two keys under the top left key on my keyboard 'esc');
    You will see a little window with your open programs;
    Pressing the tab key (while continuing holding your thumb) highlights a different program;
    Letting your thumb go brings that program into the foreground.

Try this anyway and let us know the results.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

feylya wrote: »

Thats great, it worked! Thanks. I can't understand what happened to it in the first place though.

Advertisement