Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire or Mantlepiece?

Options
  • 19-10-2007 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Soo...after much debate and several actual real rows with other people about this (people should be more self aware and use mirrors and shut up sometimes, thats all ill say) I thought Id outsource the following question. If you could rub yourself out and create yourself again which of the following would you go for?

a) gorgeous/handsome (thats the boy version?) face and not great body.

b) amazing body and not great face.

c) just ordinary all over. Nowt special.

Yeah I know you can go gym, get surgery etc but if you had to go out tonight and be one of the above which would it be?

Maybe should be a poll but its late and Id have to find out how. Which Im not. So for the pedants

d) yore atari ma jaguar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll stick with my intellect and charm thank you very much....

But it would be cool if I had the body of a monkey to go along with it.

I'd totally wear a little bowler hat on top of my monkey head.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Peared wrote: »
    Soo...after much debate and several actual real rows with other people about this (people should be more self aware and use mirrors and shut up sometimes, thats all ill say) I thought Id outsource the following question. If you could rub yourself out and create yourself again which of the following would you go for?

a) gorgeous/handsome (thats the boy version?) face and not great body.

b) amazing body and not great face.

c) just ordinary all over. Nowt special.

Yeah I know you can go gym, get surgery etc but if you had to go out tonight and be one of the above which would it be?

Maybe should be a poll but its late and Id have to find out how. Which Im not. So for the pedants

d) yore atari ma jaguar

i dont know which ugly suburb you hang around with, but if i were you, id move out and go somewhere where the choices are better...

Good face....you can lose fat, you can't lose ugly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

i dont know which ugly suburb you hang around with, but if i were you, id move out and go somewhere where the choices are better...

^
    What he said.
    And I'd have to say, if you are having actual rows about this then you have too much time on your hands.
    I suggest reading a good book, it has the two fold effect of a better use of your time and also you might learn something.
    Might I recommend Carl Sagen's Cosmos - cracking read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Good face....you can lose fat, you can't lose ugly.
    water nearly came out my nose :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'm a bit disappointed that this thread has nothing to do with fires or mantlepieces.

False advetising ftl :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

connundrum wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed that this thread has nothing to do with fires or mantlepieces.

False advetising ftl :mad:

++

This is a case of false advertising on par with "Stoner's pot palace" and "The never ending story"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Beruthiel wrote: »
    ^
    What he said.
    And I'd have to say, if you are having actual rows about this then you have too much time on your hands.
    I suggest reading a good book, it has the two fold effect of a better use of your time and also you might learn something.

Hmm so what Im getting from this is the impression that you read and you think I dont read. Perceptive eh? Well thanks for the recommendation but just so as you know, in between being a fluffy bunny discussing looks, I read a lot. Does that make a difference? I think the fantastic thing about being a human being with an actual personality is that you dont have to be any one thing all the time. People can have discussions about absolute worthless crap and laugh and cry and row about it. Its allowed. It doesn't mean they are stupid. Isnt that what AH is all about?

Fantastic superiority though Beruthiel, I must say you are very good at it. Nice and subtle and cleverly done. I look forward to checking out that book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I have a gas fire in my fireplace which is pretty cool, because it has a remote control. As for my mantle piece, it's made of white marble. Above that we have a large framed mirror, which adds a lot of space to the room. I'd rate my fireplace a good 9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

You know what would go well with that fire place?
    A nice big rug that pulls the whole room together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Yes I would go with the rug. And possibly some candles on the mantlepiece to add to the cosy factor at night. Good looking ones mind, with nice bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

eh, what's all this about then :confused:
    Given the title I was expecting a nice warm cosy thread but all I get is some superficial nonsense!

Anyways, I think you would be playing with fire by not having a mantelpiece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Is there a "Fire and mantelpiece" forum?

Considering the levels of disappointment because this thread is does not focus on fire and mantelpiece related issues i believe there should be!

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

The rug idea sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

jester77 wrote: »
    Anyways, I think you would be playing with fire by not having a mantelpiece!

Unless you were to place a bag over the mantlepiece and use your poker to stir up the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

jobonar wrote: »
    water nearly came out my nose :D:D

Is that because you were crying laughing but you have a hideously deformed face in which your nose is where your eyes should be (but an amazing body?)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Peared wrote: »
    Hmm so what Im getting from this is the impression that you read and you think I dont read. Perceptive eh? Well thanks for the recommendation but just so as you know, in between being a fluffy bunny discussing looks, I read a lot. Does that make a difference? I think the fantastic thing about being a human being with an actual personality is that you dont have to be any one thing all the time. People can have discussions about absolute worthless crap and laugh and cry and row about it. Its allowed. It doesn't mean they are stupid. Isnt that what AH is all about?

Fantastic superiority though Beruthiel, I must say you are very good at it. Nice and subtle and cleverly done. I look forward to checking out that book.

someone stole my account omg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Beruthiel wrote: »

+1 - Although, I haven't yet read the book, the 13-part series is well worth checking out. It could even divert the OP's attention from the cosmetic for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

MOH wrote: »
    Is that because you were crying laughing but you have a hideously deformed face in which your nose is where your eyes should be (but an amazing body?)
    You can see me????

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You know what would go well with that fire place?
    A nice big rug that pulls the whole room together.
    /pisses on the rug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Terry wrote: »
    /pisses on the rug.

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Terry wrote: »
    /pisses on the rug.

But . . . it really tied the room together!

Advertisement