Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharerpod crashes wiping iPod. Help!

Options
  • 18-10-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

I use a 30Gb iPod (5.5g I think) and pretty much exclusively use Sharepod to manage my transfers to and from it.

I've had the iPod since July and today has been the 4th or 5th time Sharepod has come up with a software error, usually an i/o error iirc, but then appeared to continue working normally. I eject the iPod correctly but then find there is not a single file on it. It tells me that, say, 12 gigs are used and 16 are free but nothing can be found on it using either the iPod itself, Sharepod or iTunes.

Before I format it again and go reloading it with music and movies, is there any method of disaster recovery for these situations? Any magic app that will rebuild the FAT or whatever?

Lastly, and on a lazier, off topicer note: Rather than iTunes indexing every suitable file on my PC and trying to sync it all whenever it's plugged in, can I make a folder for my "active" music and movies and just have iTunes sync that when I plug in the iPod?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Actually, I've just discovered that Sharepod includes a restore feature (like windows XP) that enabled me to reset it to the day before everything disappeared. Everything bar the two albums I was loading when I got the error was restored to former glory.

Yay Sharepod!

Advertisement