Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Rifle

Options
  • 18-10-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Was thinking about getting an air rifle to practise with and was wondering what people would recommend as a good air rifle for not extortionate amounts of money. I assume the procedure for licensing is similar to a rifle, as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's licenced in precisely the same way as any other kind of rifle. When you say 'to practise with', for what discipline are you practising?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

most likely, just 10m air rifle, but I'll try other disciplines, that's just the one I'd be getting into now.

Just wanted confirmation of the licensing details, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

For 10m air rifle, the equipment cost is a bit of an initial hurdle. For a decent second-hand air rifle you're looking at around 300 to 500 depending on the deal. Much better would be to join an air rifle club and use club equipment for a while before you commit to a large outlay - the safety training and the coaching and the general support structure being really excellent side benefits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, I'm in DURC. It wasn't going to be something I did soon, it'd be a while away. It's just something to be thinking of and maybe putting aside some money for. Thanks for the help. If there's anything else I should know or anything, I'm all metaphorical internet ears.

Advertisement