Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought I didnt hear him correctly but I Did (Burassic Park)

Options
  • 18-10-2007 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Yesterday caught the end of interview with Prof John Crown (Consultant Oncologist -St Vincents, St Lukes, UCD, DCU research) on Pat Kenny. Thought I misheard him so today listened back on the website.
    Usual discussion Healthcare/hospitals, Ireland with longest waiting lists in Europe
    He described Canadian, American, French etc systems way better than ours and no reason we shouldnt have same.
    Heres the bit I thought I misheard.

Since formation of the new streamlined HSE we have had a
    10,000% increase in number of top grade bureaucrats in HSE.

An additional 121 GRADES of managers. GRADES not individuals.

"Burassic Park" WAS the very apt expression he used & "a vast bureaucratic behemoth" also
    Health "apartheid"

I did hear what I thought I did and still cant believe it.
    They :rolleyes:solved the problem of not enough medical staff, huge waiting times, dirty hospitals with vastly more bureacracy:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shame, Mr Brendan Drum, Shame.
    Shame, Ms Mary Harney, Shame.

Neither are deserving of their official titles.

Next time you go to a hospital and told to wait, dont ask to see a doctor,

DEMAND tO SEE A MANAGER:mad:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/todaywithpatkenny/
    Wednesday 32:00 minutes in
    or in media player
    http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-todaywithpatkenny-Monday.smil

(Apologies, I know health has probably been done to death already (pun not intended) but sometimes you hear stuff that makes so little sense in the context that it asks to be highlighted.
    Aside - Just wonder why there isnt a specific healthcare forum)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's sickening.

It's like they don't even try to fix the problem they just thow money at it so they can say "well look, we invested so many millions it's not our fault"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Yeah, there was a story on the radio a couple of weeks ago about the national rehabilitation hospital. The HSE have told them they can't take any more patients in (or bizarrely, let any go home?!) for budget reasons. There was someone on from the hospital sympathizing with patients needing treatment and pointing out that trying to stay under budget is all very well, but this is a service people desparately need, and then quoted pretty much the same statistics about the HSE management structure.

No wonder the health system is in a mess.

Advertisement