Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] Car Battery

Options
  • 18-10-2007 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My battery has died on me and I am wondering if anyone knows where I could get a good value replacement. I have a 97 Starlet so it has a smaller battery (size wise not power) than you normal car battery.

thanks
    EMC2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

eBay - I'm sure you'll be able to work something out re postage.:D

Seriously though, have you tried Halfords?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

You would be better off calling into your local motor factors where it should cost you no more than €45 for a new battery and if you ask nicely they will even fit it for you for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Depends where you are of course. Northside I recommend Consort. They are in Drumcondra (beside Tesco), Glasnevin Avenue (beside chipper near Martin's pub), and in Artane (not sure of exact location - check phone book). I'd be surprised if you could beat their price anywhere tbh.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

Halfords? in a thread titled Bargain alerts? :eek:

Ring places like Advance, Fast Fit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

If you are anywhere near Kilcoole (Co. Wicklow) go to Renew Tyres. They are a tyre and battery distributor but will sell to the public if you call into their warehouse. Their details are:

Renew Tyres Ltd.
    Kilcoole Ind. Estate, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow.
    Tel: 01 2873366 • Fax: 01 2875214
    Email: sales@renewtyres.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement