Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Hockey for Beginners

Options
  • 17-10-2007 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Anyone know of any beginners men's field hockey teams around (South Dublin). Was at a good few games last season and took a liking to it. Have never held a hockey stick for longer than to give somebody a quick jab to the ribs :D

Any suggestions would be great.

(P.s. have looked into Glenanne's 6ths (non-existant this year I think, and fifths would be way to advanced)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

I don't know about other clubs but our bottom teams don't train, they just play matches (Fingal HC).

I'd say you'd need a few training sessions before you start playing matches. Goto www.hockey.ie and use the club locator link down the bottom right. Ring around and ask if they're bottom sides train at all.

Otherwise, you could wait till Summer and play mixed/fun hockey to get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Pembroke in Ballsbridge have a 7XI that trains Tuesday nights 7.30 - Leinster division 9 so as low as you can go in provincial hockey.

Advertisement