Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam mail being sent from my Gmail account?

Options
  • 17-10-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I got a message today from a server saying that my message was not delivered to the address I sent it to because it contained inappropriate language.

Any ideas on how I stop this? I'm virus and spyware free. I change my password regularly. Im baffled. Somewhere deep inside I've a horrid feeling this is googles issue. I hope not :)
    The email which was sent from your account to
    <****.****@irishlife.ie> with a subject of October 70% OFF has not
    been processed because it contains inappropriate language or content. If
    there is a valid business reason for viewing this e-mail please e-mail
    this notification to "****@irishlife.ie" so that the e-mail
    may be reviewed and / or released.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I got a message today from a server saying that my message was not delivered to the address I sent it to because it contained inappropriate language.

Any ideas on how I stop this? I'm virus and spyware free. I change my password regularly. Im baffled. Somewhere deep inside I've a horrid feeling this is googles issue. I hope not :)

Just your address being spoofed as the sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

oh phew!!

Thats still kinda annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

It's very annoying. Much much worse when you have a business... I’ve seen literally hundreds of these.

Advertisement