Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phobia of Dentist need to go can anyone reccomend a dentist prefer up NI as they GAS

Options
  • 17-10-2007 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Last time I was at the dentist was 3 years ago. Now I have a really bad tooth ache so need to go again. When I went last time it was up north in Newry and I got gassed, want to get his done again. Unfortunately I cant find the dentist I went to before. Can anyone recommend a dentist from NI who could provide this procedure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What do you mean by gas? A general anaesthetic or nitrous oxide?

My own dentist is in Ballybot clinic in Newry, she offers nitrous.

I think there are some dentists in Dublin who can administer nitrous - maybe fitzgeme or one of the other dentists on here can give you a name?

btw have you ever had any therapy for your phobia? It can't be good if you need to find someone who can sedate you just to get something like a filling done!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

I go to O'Farrell & Staunton in Newry. They offer nitrous oxide (laughing gas!) which is a great help!

I used to get sedated years ago but had a bad experience with one dentist who didn't even have a recovery room so I had to sit dribbling in the waiting room until I was o.k to walk to the car. Also suspect he went easy on the drug as I came to while he was swinging out of my tooth. Very distressing.

Don't know if he's still practising as he made an attempt to get into the world of politics after a brief stint in toothpaste advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Does anyone know of the cost difference of heading up north? For something like a root canal??? D

Advertisement