Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Pavilion laptop keeps booting to BIOS

Options
  • 17-10-2007 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a quick question. I've got a HP Pavilion that keep booting to the BIOS only. Why would it be doing so, could it be that the CMOS battery needs to be replaced?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

kahaya

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

"booting to bios" is very vague.....try removing the ram one stick at a time and see what happens....seems like a hardware problem to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭kahaya

The laptop just enters the BIOS everytime it's started without pressing the function key to enter the BIOS. It won't boot to windows even after you exit the BIOS screen.
    Hope that makes it a little clearer as to what the problem is.

What happens when you exit the bios? Does any writing come up on the screen?

Its a pretty weird problem, at a guess it could be one of the keys on the keyboard is stuck (check the F2,Delete,F10 & F1 keys) as these are the general ones for entering the bios.

It saves the settings and boots up again but only into the BIOS.

• Advertisement

Very strange issue,could well be the bios battery as well from what you describe,not such an easy thing to replace in a laptop. Out of curiosity does the hard drive and full amount of RAM present in the laptop show up in the bios when you access it?

Not too sure will make sure to check that out.

I'll try to remove the ram 1 stick at a time and see if there is any joy from that.

Cheers for your help.

Advertisement