Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" HD ready LCD TV € 849.99 aldi

Options
  • 17-10-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

# HD ready (480i/p, 720i/p, 1080i)
    # 2 × HDMI sockets (including HDCP decoding)
    # Integrated DVB-T tuner for all Freeview channels
    # Nicam stereo
    # Teletext with 1000 page memory
    # Response time : 8ms (grey to grey.typ)
    # Viewing angle: 178° H/150° v (typ)
    # Contrast ratio: 1200:1 (typ)
    # Brightness: 500cd/m2 (typ)
    # Physical resolution: 1366 × 768
    # PIP (Picture in Picture) and PBP (Picture by Picture) via external source
    # Picture improvements by CTI, 3D comb filter
    # Noise reduction
    # Automatic programme search with automatic storage
    # Picture Formats: 16:9 Subtitles, 16:9 Zoom, 4:3 Panorama, 14:9 Zoom auto
    # Swap function
    # Child lock
    # Sleep timer
    # Sound effects: Jazz, Rock, Pop, User, Classic, Normal
    # 5 band equaliser
    # Surround sound
    # Speakers: 2 × 8 watts (RMS)
    # Video sockets: 2 × HDMI in (incl. HDCP decoding), VGA (15 pin D-sub), YUV (component) (3 RCSA), 2 SCART. S-Video in (Mini DIN), composite video (1 RCA)
    # Audio sockets: Stereo audio in for PC, stereo audio in for composite video (2 RCA), stereo audio in for YUV (2 RCA), stereo headphone jack (3.5mm plug)
    # Accessories: Free wall bracket, free 5-in-1 universal remote control (inc. batteries), power cord
    # Weight: 24kg (with stand)/20kg (without stand)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Available 21st Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What do people think the queues for this will be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

they'll prob only have a couple for each store so if you're not prepared to be up at an ungodly hour to make the top of the queue when they pass out the 5 or so tickets, it wouldnt even be worth getting outa bed for

not a bad deal though considering you've a 3 year warranty and a wall bracket included for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

they'll prob only have a couple for each store so if you're not prepared to be up at an ungodly hour to make the top of the queue when they pass out the 5 or so tickets, it wouldnt even be worth getting outa bed for

not a bad deal though considering you've a 3 year warranty and a wall bracket included for the price.

Haven't I seen similar offers popping up from time to time in the same pricerange, or are the specs markedly different ?

What specs should we look out for to 'futureproof' our purchases (for screens around this size) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The only thing I could see being possibly poor with this TV is that it's 1080i and not 1080p. It's good enough for everything currently available, but future broadcasts may be 1080p and then this TV may be slightly less clear than a 1080p TV. However, I don't know if you'd really notice this difference or if the difference would even be important.

I think this is a very good deal for that price. Considering I've seen 32" 1080i/720p TVs selling for €1000, this really is good.

I'd consider it, but don't really have €850 spare right now, nor do I fance queuing in the cold or rain.

Aldi only opens at 12 on a Sunday so you don't need to be up at an ungodly hour, unless there are some crazy people, in which case let them have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

jor el wrote: »
    Aldi only opens at 12 on a Sunday so you don't need to be up at an ungodly hour, unless there are some crazy people, in which case let them have it.

All the ones in cork open now at 11 on a Sunday. And i'd assume its the same everywhere?
    Anyway, if anyone wants to find out the opening hours of their local aldi, you can find out on their where to find us page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

jor el wrote: »
    Aldi only opens at 12 on a Sunday so you don't need to be up at an ungodly hour

Aha...! A dastardly attempt to fool everyone while you arrive at 11am! ;)

Advertisement