Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entering competitions

Options
  • 17-10-2007 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

If I ever get around all this red tape I will be getting my full bore rifle, I mostly want to do target shooting for now.

As a newbie !!!

If I want to enter a competition at my own or another club that has an open competition, is there a specific membership I need or a test I have to do?

A lad at our old (now dead ) club was saying he wanted to enter but his card/cert or something had run out so he could not enter until he had sent off the 35euro to renew it !

Does anyone know what this is ??????

Thanks for any help you can give !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Also can persons not affiliated with any club enter competitions at clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dunno about fullbore matches Bond, but for smallbore and airgun matches, it depends on the club. For Nationals and the like, you have to be a member of the NGB, but for club matches, well, the operative word is club :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NUTTA1

What is NGB ?

Do they have a web address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

NGB = National Governing Body, the body that's responsible for the sport on a national basis. So the NTSA is the NGB for olympic shooting, the NASRC for sporter rifle and PPC1500 shooting, the NSAI for metallic silhouette shooting, the NRAI for long range rifle shooting, the IPSA for IPSC practical pistol shooting, the IPC for tetrathlon shooting, the ICPSA for clay pigeon shooting, and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am talking small bore .22lr stuff. I often see things like open competition and wondered if these comps are open to non club members?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I am talking small bore .22lr stuff. I often see things like open competition and wondered if these comps are open to non club members?

They ought to be. In my book "open" means just that - open to shooters of any club/association/nationality/gender as long as they're shooting legally and within the rules for the discipline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sandy22 wrote: »
    They ought to be. In my book "open" means just that - open to shooters of any club/association/nationality/gender as long as they're shooting legally and within the rules for the discipline.

Absolutely. An Open competition is open to everyone, with all the usual provisos about firearms licences and insurance.

Competition announcements usually specify what the requirements are for entry to the competition.

Advertisement