Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving a photo from a pdf?

Options
  • 16-10-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

help needed, how would i select an image from a pdf file and save it? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

well without the right gaphics program you cant.. I know you can do it in Illustrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I must be missing something here?

I've just tried to take an image from a pdf file & save it & it was very straight forward.

Click once on the image in the pdf file

Then right click on the image & choose "Copy"

Open paint & choose edit -> paste

Then save the paint file as a jpg or bmp or whatever.

You can also just right click in a new word document & paste it into that too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

When you right click on a PDF you dont get the option to Copy. a PDF is made to protect whatever is in it from been altered.

Are you sure it was that easy to do ? I've tried it myself after reading your post and was unable to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Print Screen and then copy what you want using something like Photoshop?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

NeVeR wrote: »
    When you right click on a PDF you dont get the option to Copy. a PDF is made to protect whatever is in it from been altered.

Are you sure it was that easy to do ? I've tried it myself after reading your post and was unable to do it.

Print Screen. Copy - Paste to Paint - Save as ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

NeVeR wrote: »
    When you right click on a PDF you dont get the option to Copy.

No you don't, that's why I said in my post to click on the image once first (As in one left click), then right click on it! that gives me the option to "Copy" everytime.

On my system (XP Pro) "Yes" it was that easy & I've done it many times.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

This little freeware tool is great for grabbing pics out of pdf's or wherever. Very easy to use, once installed, doubleclick on the icon (it has a .dll file that needs to be in the same folder as it, so I generally run it from my documents when I need it) and it minimizes to tray, press either alt or ctrl + print screen, select the area, press enter, and it saves it to the foder of your choice. I've actually managed to make it sound complicated, but it's not.. anyway, download here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Any screen capture software can do this. Just zoom the image in the pdf and then select the area for capture. FastStone is a good app (there is a free version available).

Advertisement