Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2003 Availability?

Options
  • 16-10-2007 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

A friend of mine is looking to buy a copy of Office 2003 for his business. He had an unlicensed copy on his old laptop but he got a new laptop and wants to buy a licensed copy.

He's using a system that requires 2003, so buying 2007 isn't an option?

So does anyone know where I could buy a legit copy of Office 2003 Pro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

why would you pay for a 2003 copy when you can get a 2007 copy for free with some simple tweaking?

Oh just reread your post...well whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

He could buy a 2007 licence and just use it with 2003.

We do it all the time, that way he can move to 2007 when he needs too with no extra cost.

Try "Micromail.ie" a great little company down in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

He could buy a 2007 licence and just use it with 2003.

We do it all the time, that way he can move to 2007 when he needs too with no extra cost.

Try "Micromail.ie" a great little company down in Cork

Hey,

I've actually used Micromail before. I just looked at their site and Office 2007 Pro is coming in at €756 for a one user license!! Does this seem like mad money or is that the norm?

If he bought that license and I installed a copy of 2003 Pro on his machine would he be covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

If he bought that license and I installed a copy of 2003 Pro on his machine would he be covered?

You might want to check out if he could actually use the EXACT licence key with Office 2003 pro, but from a licence perspective yes I think he would be covered.

Yes thats the norm. I dont think people realise how much a copy of Office is they just "assume" all pc's have it and its relatively free. I for one recently had a heated argument with a client when he purchased 10 Pcs but forgot to include the cost of software

If your friend is a student then he could qualify for a student rate.. you could also look at w.Openoffice.org

• Advertisement
Advertisement