Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cooler for Q6600 CPU?

Options
  • 16-10-2007 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

I've got this CPU + Asus P5K3 Deluxe motherboard, pc case is arriving in the end of the week, so now I'm wondering which CPU cooler to buy, any advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I use the scythe ninja. Works a treat. Given the choice, I would have gone with the Tuniq Tower, but the company I bought from didn't sell it and there wasn't much between it and the ninja.

There are better coolers out there, but they're pretty pricey. Also, the tuniq looks superb IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Thanks Khannie, I'll keep that in mind!

I was looking at Thermaltake BigTyp, jeesus, those things weight a ton, I haven't built any pc since 2002, things have changed a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

And one more question: do they mean less than 16dbA when they say 'ultra quiet' ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

j@utis wrote: »
    And one more question: do they mean less than 16dbA when they say 'ultra quiet' ?

not sure. Where did you see this? The ninja is very very quiet. Inaudible for all intents and purposes.

The big typhoon's a more effective cooler alright (iirc, someone comment?), but it's huge....and (IMO) fugly and doesn't draw air out of the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

U went with ddr3, why? Imo its waaaay overpriced :eek:

Btw, I've got the tuniq tower & its ok @ half speed, but a little noisy up full, but an amazin cooler all the same. Make sure it fits in your case cos its fcukin massive, ya need 190mm clearance from mobo to side panel

• Advertisement
Advertisement