Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCO Debt Collection

Options
  • 16-10-2007 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I ended my 3 phone contract a month early so the 3 network added all extras fees onto my last bill and since im no longer with the 3 network i think i wont bother paying it. its €151

Now ive gotten 2 letters from NCO - Some Debt collectors claiming they strongly advise me to resolve this account in a voluntary manner.
    Ive since changed address so these letters are going to my old address

Should i ignore or can they actually do anything if i return post saying no longer at this address?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You're asking us if you should commit an act of fraud?

Whatever about the legality of what you're suggesting and whatever about where you live, if you don't pay the bill and 3 or their debt collector decide to report the debt to the Irish Credit Bureau, your credit record will be affected. That might not affect you now, but are you sure you might not need a clean record later?

If you have a problem with the fees 3 levied, dispute them. Just make sure you copy the debt collector on the dispute, otherwise they may attempt to take you to court to recover it. Unlikely, but possible.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I don't think a debt collector can refer you to the ICB; AFAIK it's only financial institutions who deal with the ICB, maybe if the NCO had a judgement made against you in court it would go back to the ICB then.

My advice is pay what you owe, if NCO are anyway good they'll find your new address, send you a few more letters and then send someone around to your house, which at best won't be nice and willbe very embarassing if you have someone visiting you at the time.

At the end of the day by your own admission you owe the money, $hut up and pay up

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

True that :)

Advertisement