Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD to iPod - Is it worth the trouble

Options
  • 16-10-2007 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

iTunes will let you copy legally purchased CDs onto an iPod but it will NOT let you copy legally purchased DVDs. :mad:

Question:

Which is the simplest and most popular method/software for copying a DVD movie onto an iPod classic?

Thanks

I'm sure this has been asked before, but after search I can't find a simple answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I've been using Nero Recode, works very well, fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Registered Users Posts: 38 oceanfroggie

Karoma wrote: »
    Yes thanks. wave.gif I had a look at that already. Just don't want to spend a lot of time downloading loads of different software, trying it out and coming to a conclusion that somebody more experienced here has already come to and can direct me in one direction with a quick answer. Aside from suggestions what is the software "everybody" seems to use to do this? iPod is for my son's Birthday and I want to try and get it right.

Thanks again.
    plazzTT wrote: »

Thanks plazzTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

Check out the following article

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/the-complete-guide-to-ipod-video-conversion-win/

If you are using a Mac there is also another article that describes the process.

I have used Handbrake a few times with good results and it is a free program. The only problem that I can see with it is that it takes a long time to perform the conversion. I would usually set it up to run over night.

I hope that this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

plazzTT wrote: »

when your using nero recode does it come up anything about copyright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

CloneDVD Mobile from www.slysoft.com (sold from Cork!) is the best I've used.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

check the charters, and previous posts on the first list of topics of this forum

thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement