Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help need with cdg files

Options
  • 15-10-2007 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey guys not too sure if this is the right place for this but here goes!!

I have a collection of karaoke files on my pc, now they are in 2 sections the mp3 file (which contains the music) and a cdg file (which contains the graphics,lyrics etc) now my problem is i need to get these on to a disc so i can play them back in my karaoke player has any one got any idea what i need to do?

I obviously need to combine the 2 files some how or something along those lines,
    i have a cdg player on the pc but this will only play the graphics with no music, and visa versa the mp3 will play with no graphaics.

Any help would be great
    Cheers
    Gregg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Moved from Recording/Mixing/Pro Audio, you'll probably have more luck here.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

kinda illegal.. using copies of cdg discs / ripped files etc..... but what they hey.

is the music file *.wav or *.mp3.. first you need to convert the music to *.wav....

Then you need to create a *.bin file.. using a program called Karaoke Builder..

http://www.karaokebuilder.com/ karaoke builder 2 is what you need

it has an option tools.. create / extract cdg files ... you want to create one...

in the cdg window.. choose your cdg file in the wav file choose your wav file

then click create... this will create a *.bin file which is then ready to write to cd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 djgregg

Happy days, cheers thanks for the help , as for the legal side of things i ripped these files from my own discs , but wanted to make back up copiesjust in case the orignals got damaged. i swear!

Advertisement