Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new zen or clix2 or D2

Options
  • 15-10-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Asked for advice a while ago but didn't get a reply, so i narrowed down my search a bit. Recently had my 1st gen ipod nano stolen and need to replace it. Don't like the new nanos so i won't be getting one of them. Also just fancy something a bit different.

Options are:
    the new zen 8gb (+expansion slot)
    Iriver clix2 8gb (no expansion)
    Cowon D2 8gb (+expansion slot)

Clix2 looks slick, easily most stylish of the 3. but has no sd slot, and may just be a bit gimmicky. Was my fav for a while, but not so sure on it now.
    the new zen looks nice too, but needs software to load files afaik. nothin major, but some software can be annoying.
    Cowon looks a nice piece of kit, drag and drop, but i'm a bit dubious about touch screens for some unknown reason!

Any help/opinions welcome. Have read reviews all over the internet, but want some user experience etc.

cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Refurbished Creative Vision M:30gb 149.99
    Here
    Not on yer list and a great machine for practically nuthin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

too big, both physically and storage wise. Need something small that holds about 8gb. Cheers for the reply though.

No Worries
    They have some smaller refurbished models here http://ie.europe.creative.com/shop/welcome.asp?category=111&

Don't like the zen V. a mate had one before and it felt too light/flimsy or something. i don't know really! I'm pretty fussy about these things.

Cheers for the site though, the zen 8gb is cheaper there than i found it on ebay. very tempted by that. Do you have a creative? how is the software? can it support drag and drop?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

on my second mp3 player, both creative, currently have the zen v plus 8gb, just prefer them ahead of the apple, mainly due to that yous are not restricted on the different file types that you can play on it, just seen it for sale in a few places for sale in the uk for under £100, think the main reason for this though is because its at the end of the product range, new models are being launched, have heard this is to target the back to school market

• Advertisement

I have a vision m. You can drag and drop within windows explorer easy, tho the software works just as well. I had an iPod and an Iriver before, Creative kicks both their asses...... As for build quality, I wouldn't call them flimsy at all

I see. Creative now tops the list so! Just don't like the design of the V+, felt small and plasticky in my hand. Vision:m was too big, but this new zen looks like its right up my street.

Cheers for the help.

Advertisement