Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pondering the unponderable

Options
  • 15-10-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I'm currently pondering revisiting WarHammer after a rather long absence from it.

Just wondering if there's any old gits playing it in the drogheda area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Roleplay or tabletop stuff?

I used to be a warhammer freak, Roleplay and tabletop gaming. and I'm old and I live in Drogheda.

I still have alot of old 40k models and some Fantasy models. A few of the roleplaying campaigns like Drachenfels.

But for getting back into it. I'm going all virtual in the new year with WAR coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its the tabletop stuff I'm looking at, guess I should have said that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Check out the Drogheda Hive
    http://droghedahive.com/forum/

They've plenty of older (and younger) players and they're sound lads. The ones I've met at least. They play WHFB and 40K.

There's Dublin Games Guild in the Models Inc shop on Dorset street if the Drogheda nights don't suit. We've one player from drogheda specifically because Wednesday nights suit him better than whatever day the Drogheda lads usually play.

Cool, thanks for that.

On a side note I'm stuck between starting a skaven or a Dark Elf army.
    Which is the less common of the two ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Can't help you with that one, I don't play WHFB.

Best bet is to ask the Drogheda lads. Things like that vary from club to club. For example, DGG is unusual in that we have almost no marines, whereas they seem to be 50% of the average tourney I go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I know of two people who have Skaven armies, but none who have Dark Elves. I made a half hearted attempted at one, but gave up on it when the Cult of Slaanesh list got done away with.

Advertisement