Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Price of Milk

Options
  • 15-10-2007 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

For as long as I can remember a 2L carton of shops' "own brand" milk was €1.19. This was the same everywhere. About two months ago it increased to €1.39 in every shop at the same time. Last week it was up again, this time to €1.49 and again the price increase was simultaneous and across the board. Tesco, Dunnes, Super Valu, Lidl Aldi, you name it and they all charge 1.49 and it all happened at the same time. If I didn't know it wasn't allowed I would suspect that there is some sort of price fixing going on there but obviously it is just a coincidence.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Milk prices in Europe in general is going up and the so called "insert shop" brands tends to be bought from the same place by all shops. Hence if that company raises the price it would hit all store chains about the same time (+/- a day or two for what they got stored/ordered already).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Advertisement