Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clubs and socities

Options
  • 15-10-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

what clubs and socities, would you advise new students to third level institutions to join.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

When I was at Magee the Rugby club was good craic & organised a few good nights. Gettin auctioned off in First Year "Memories" lol. I never took part in the Calender though "Shivers". That and ya get to go places about Ireland for matches. Miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Berns wrote: »
    When I was at Magee the Rugby club was good craic & organised a few good nights. Gettin auctioned off in First Year "Memories" lol. I never took part in the Calender though "Shivers". That and ya get to go places about Ireland for matches. Miss it :(

thats cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'd suggest UUM got some first. If you look at the Union all they have is politics, international students, gay/lesbian and religious (CU if I recall correctly). If you aren't sporty, politically minded, gay/lesbian or especially religious then it's the two fingers as far as societies go.

But then extra curricular life is pretty shocking at Magee anyway and most students go home on a Thurs and come back on Sunday so no-one cares.

C'est la vie in Norn Iron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭KevinMc

What the University of Ulster really needs is something different. Dundalk Institute of Technology (DKIT) formed and Ice Hockey team when the new rink opened up down there. Now UUJ has a team for practically every sport, and the Belfast Star Basketball team even play out of there. I think it's about time UU got an Ice Hockey team sorted too.

I'm sure someone in UU has been out to Dundonald and played a bit of ice hockey before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Queens has decent sports societies but that's definately it. There are no fun sociable societies - generally a backward university in these respects

• Advertisement
Advertisement