Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value of money, Or irish interest rates past

Options
  • 15-10-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi
    I am trying to find statistics on the present value of money ie.indexing money.
    I am trying to find out what 20,000 in 1987 would equate to in 1996. Also 30,000 in 1993 what that would be in 1996. Then what 30,000 in 1996 would equate to today?

Or
    Can anybody find out annual interest rates for years 1983 through to 2007.

I have been looking for a while and cant seem to make headway, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

If you are a student, then your college should have access to the IMF International Financial Statistics. The data should be there.

Simplest measure would be to get the inflation data since '87. A better measure would be to get internal PPP but I don't know if that has been done. I do know that a professor in the TCD business school was looking at it but I don't know if he published, or even finished the study.

Advertisement