Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 'production' stage....

Options
  • 15-10-2007 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

what does it really mean?

morning all.

i know there are some other threads on dell delivery times on the go at the moment so forgive me if this has already been answered.

i just bought a vostro 1500 yesterday morning. i was immediately alerted by email that my order has gone straight to the production stage with an estimated delivery date of the 25th October. This is quicker than i expected.

Any idea how long this stage normally takes? Am i looking at a delivery this week perhaps? i don't want to get my hopes up for an early delivery if its a case that these stage notification are kinda arbitrary.

many thanks

gkec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Based on my recent experience (last week), production takes a few hours. Should reach the shipping stage by the end of the day. Depending on how its shipped (Interlink in my case), it should arrive about 2 days after that, according to Interlink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gkec

oh my god machalla you're not serious!

that would be so sweet. i split coffee into my old one last tuesday and totally fried it, till that point i had no idea how web-dependent i am :o

thanks for the reply,

gkec.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't think it is a problem. My sisters laptop spent nearly a week in pre-production then in the space of what must have been 10 minutes went all the way to dispatched. It was delivered 2 days later. I think it's just not updated frequently. I doubt your laptop is going to be late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I would imagine there is some job that runs every hour or so that pulls info from the database (probably an oracle setup) and uploads it the the web server.

There must have been a problem with it AlmightyCushion when your sisters order was being built.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think HavoK's laptop was the same. His spent ages in pre-production but was delivered less than a week after ordering. The vostros had insane delivery delays but I'm pretty sure this is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

i got my 1400 vostro in 5days... ordered last monday in the evening received it friday before 6... i think all the delays over now...

Do you know how long it spent in pre-production?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

wednesday evening was dispatched...

it has been dispatched, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I would imagine there is some job that runs every hour or so that pulls info from the database
    There is. Every two hours. Only stuff that's buildable (ie all parts available) should be downloaded.

• Advertisement

well it landed yesterday.

that's only 72 hours from placing my order to delivery to dublin!

i don't know anything really about computers but i noticed last night that the vostro seems 'louder' than my old inspiron. nothing to worry about is it?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

gkec wrote: »
    i don't know anything really about computers but i noticed last night that the vostro seems 'louder' than my old inspiron. nothing to worry about is it?

thanks.

Well I have a Vostro, it's not that loud really... I've never had an inspiron so can't compare... Is the noise excessive or what?

this is it i'm not sure. i'll have to get someone with a bit more experience to listen to it.

you can hear the hard drive ticking over, if that's the correct term.

i'll report back when i get some more opionions on it.

ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hello_kitty

Mine was in production yesterday morning but there was a knock at the door yesterday afternoon and there was mr interlink express with my new pc. I was impressed!!

Dell seem to have really speeded up their order process, back at the end of summer it was taking weeks (and months) for vostros & xps's to be delivered... Whatever was causing delay must be solved...

ok so some people have listened to it for me and apparently it sounds completely normal :o

happy days!

gkec wrote: »
    ok so some people have listened to it for me and apparently it sounds completely normal :o

happy days!

Hurrah! Enjoy the laptop man!!

Advertisement