Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer no longer picking up zen vision m?

Options
  • 14-10-2007 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Lately my vista laptop no longer picks up my creative zen vision m when its connected via usb, all it does is charge it once the usb is plugged in and it remains in play mode not usb mode. I can still connect it to my pc running xp so I am hoping someone can help me out. I have the zen media explorer installed on both computers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

this happens to me an awful lot too. all i do is just keep trying plugging it in and out. i wouldnt mind replace the creative usb cable, see if it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks for replying. I have two zens in the house so I tried another cable and connector and still nothing happened. It does make a sound when I unplug it from the laptop, even though it doesn't enter usb mode when connected.

Btw I have the latest firmware and drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

creative are just a bit crap so. ive one usb port and the usb creative connection half broken out of frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I seemed to have figured it out. Even though I didn't have the player in lock mode, this is when the power button is fully moved to the right. I just tapped the power button a bit to the left while it was connected to the pc and it switched from charging to usb mode. Give that a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Just turn it on ,play an mp3 , then plug in to usb it should be detected by your pc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement